2007 Dodge Ram 1500 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Ram 1500:

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

May 062014

Ram 1500

Driving vehicle at 55 mph on expressway applied the brake and the truck stalls. It also will stall at stop signs and red lights no codes come up and truck restarts. Letting off the brake pedal the truck will avoid stall very dangerous situation.

- Port Jefferson Station, NY, USA

May 052016

Ram 1500

At 60 mph the steering wheel will shake violently. When you hit any bumps.

- New Harmony, UT, USA

Oct 152015

Ram 1500

On the interstate at high speed I experience bouncing in rear end and when hitting bumps at high speeds rear end bounces severely and causes swerving.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Feb 102016

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 70 mph, there was a vibration on the front passenger side of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the driver and passenger side tie rods failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The contact later observed a puddle of an unknown substance under the front passenger side of the tire. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V528000 (steering). The failure mileage was approximately 17,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Warren, MI, USA

Sep 012015

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while driving at 70 mph, the steering wheel shook violently and the wheels started to wobble. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the steering linkage needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 12V528000 (steering). The manufacturer was notified of failure. The failure mileage was 214,000.

- Norwood, NJ, USA

Nov 162015

Ram 1500

I purchased my vehicle 7 days ago. I have discovered a dangerous issue that only presents itself immediately after refueling. At low speeds in, turning, or while maneuvering through traffic the truck will chug and then die. Leaving my vehicle without power steering and little braking ability. It happened twice after fueling Friday, and then again three times after fueling today. Two of the three times I was in heavy traffic and was almost in a collision by unsuspecting drivers behind me. The third time I was turning onto a sharp on ramp to merge into traffic. Thankfully it died at the bottom of the ramp and not at the top where I would have been in traffic. And thankfully my wife wasn't driving, because without power steering her and my two daughters would have likely straightened out the on ramp and found themselves at the bottom of a steep bank. If this would happen while crossing a busy intersection a collision would be highly likely with fatalities for sure. The problem lasts for about the fist ten to fifteen miles of driving, and dies at lower speeds 0-25 mph. I have read about NHTSA investigations into other Chrysler vehicles presenting the same issues, and where the warranties have been extended on the fuel tanks to resolve the issue. These warranties must be extended to the 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 as well in order to resolve this issue before someone is caught in traffic and killed.

- Louisville, MS, USA

Jun 252015

Ram 1500

Bad and worn out tie rods, leaking front shocks

- Oreana, IL, USA

Aug 212015

Ram 1500

I have never been notified NHTSA recall id 14V-795-broken springs in clutch assembly. Never notified of NHTSA recall id 13V-528-faulty left tie rod assembly. The left side does make a clunking sound. I was just notified (late) of NHTSA recall id 15V-313- faulty air bags. It's been a month, I was informed they had no parts and I had to wait until notified again when parts are available. My son and his children ride in my truck with such a great hazard and I'm told to wait until they have parts" I cannot afford to wait nor can I afford to buy another vehicle while I own this one. I work for a non-profit company and have limited resources. What about the recalls I was never notified of" I would like fca to buy my vehicle back.

- Geneva, NY, USA

Oct 152014

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while driving approximately 55 mph, the vehicle began to vibrate violently and as a result veered off the road. The failure recurred continuously. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 13V528000 (steering). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 116,547. MA 10/23/15

- Hazel Township, PA, USA

Jun 072014

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. When the contact attempted to open the passenger and driver side windows, they remained closed. In addition, while driving at any speed, and making a left or right turn, the contact felt a pop in the steering wheel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the tie rod needed to be replaced; however, the window failure was not diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 60,400. Updated 11/20/15

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Sep 022014

Ram 1500

While driving during normal road conditions, at approximately 60 mph, the vehicle will begin to shake and vibrate excessively. This usually occurs when a bump in the road is hit or when taking a curve in the road at the mentioned speed. Shaking and vibrating only decreases when vehicle speed is reduced below 50 mph. Have replaced shocks and in the process of replacing tie rod ends to see if this alleviates the issue. Have also experienced issues with the vehicle shutting off during normal operation, the will sputter and stall out when coming to a stop, this issue has occurred four times in the past

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Apr 012011

Ram 1500

I bought this truck brand new in 07. I have had problems with the front end from day one. I took it in to the shop 3 or for times when under warranty for them to tell me nothing was wrong. The set of tires I have on it is the forth set due to wearing out. The truck pulls hard to the right, took it in for an alignment and was told it wasn't out & that something was wrong with the front end. This wasn't a Dodge dealer. When you get up to 60 mph, the truck starts shaking very bad. If I hit a bump or go across a bridge, it jerks the steering wheel very bad & almost caused a wreck. I have replaced the shocks, the bushing's on the sway bar, & brakes and rotors thinking this could maybe be the problem. It still does it till this day. I seen where some 07 mega cabs have been recalled & in my opinion I think they need to take a look at all 07 Dodge Ram 1500 models.

- Gate City, VA, USA

Apr 162015

Ram 1500

The wheel hub separated from my 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 due to the wheel bearing seizing up and exploding from the spindle assembly.

- Stillwater , OK, USA

Nov 152014

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact felt a strong vibration each time the vehicle was started. The failure progressed under the front end of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a repair shop, but the mechanic could not replicate or diagnose the failure. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V817000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available for the driver side air bag; however, it was available for the front passenger side air bag. The dealer scheduled the appointment to replace the front passenger side air bag. The contact had to wait for the driver side part, but was not given a timeframe for the repair. The vehicle was to be taken to an authorized dealer for further inspection. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 89,000.

- Hartshorne, OK, USA

Mar 212015

Ram 1500

The contact owned a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. While making a left turn at 15 mph, the steering wheel seized and the brake pedal was depressed. As a result, the contact lost control of the vehicle and the contact crashed into trees. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained bruises that did not require medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V817000 (air bags). The failure mileage was 113,000.

- Syracuse, IN, USA

Jan 012015

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Driving, and just shut down would not start again, see thr recall on manual transmission.

- St .Petersburg, FL, USA

Jan 092014

Ram 1500

Driving at approximately 55 mph on I 81 in Virginia I ran into some rough pavement. The front wheels began bouncing causing me to lose control of the vehicle briefly. I had just purchased the vehicle and this was the first time it happened. I continued on my trip and encountered the problem on seemingly every expansion joint or every bridge. I had no choice but to continue to my destination, Massachusetts. I did not make it however as the truck eventually spun out on I95 in ct slamming into a guard rail. I replaced the front struts, assuming that was the issue. It was not. It is not the alignment nor the tires. All were checked. After the repairs from the accident, then parts the problem persists.

- Selma, TX, USA

Jul 242014

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Driving on the philadelphia turnpike coming from the airport heading to allentown driving about 65 mph...the vehicle engine turn off..the electrical was still working so I manage to "wrestle" the vehicle to the shoulder lane once I stop it started right away took it to a dealer to get it looked at thought they might a recall on my vehicle they told me there were none...they looked at it and found nothing wrong the vehicle.they wanted to keep the vehicle to see if it would happen again..funny I brought new never had that problem....im not sure if it will happen again... I was lucky nobody got hurt on the highway...maybe I wont be next time if it happen again.

- Allentown, PA, USA

May 012014

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number 13V528000 (steering) and stated that the parts needed were unavailable in order to performed the repairs. The dealer was uncertain when the part would be available. The contact had not experienced any failure.

- Myakka City, FL, USA

Jun 052014

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated he received a notification for NHTSA campaign id number: 13V528000 (steering). The contact had not experienced the failure described in the recall. Both the manufacturer and the dealer informed the contact his VIN was not included. The vehicle was not repaired. The vehicle current mileage was 56,000.

- Marion, IN, USA