2007 Dodge Ram 1500 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Ram 1500:

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 152015

Ram 1500

On the interstate at high speed I experience bouncing in rear end and when hitting bumps at high speeds rear end bounces severely and causes swerving.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Feb 102016

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 70 mph, there was a vibration on the front passenger side of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the driver and passenger side tie rods failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The contact later observed a puddle of an unknown substance under the front passenger side of the tire. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V528000 (steering). The failure mileage was approximately 17,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Warren, MI, USA

Jan 022016

Ram 1500

Three sets of rotors and brakes in two years, 4WD auto light flashing and works intermittently(just started plus electrical noise in dash and heat stops blowing. Sounds like it's going to start on fire. I have to get to work so I have to drive it.(I have five kids a crabby wife and a granddaughter to feed), tie rod on drivers side went bad. So I had everything replaced. I've sunk allot of $$ into it and can't afford another penny. I'm concerned of all the complaints saying the computer goes bad causing the actuator to go bad as well. I hope it lasts long enough. Perhaps you should just start a go fund me page to Chrysler owners lol. It's a shame because it's a beautiful truck.

- Elgin, IL, USA

Jun 252015

Ram 1500

Bad and worn out tie rods, leaking front shocks

- Oreana, IL, USA

Oct 022012

Ram 1500

My left side the struts have an issue, specially on the expressway. I've put new tires and brakes. It still shakes.

- Miami, FL, USA

Oct 062015

Ram 1500

So far I have replaced 2 tie-rods, 2 struts, an A-arm, multiple bushings and a few sets of tires and my vehicle has roughly 90,000 miles on it. I have noticed all faults while driving mainly on the highway

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jun 012013

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the front of the vehicle began to shake. The vehicle was taken to multiple independent mechanics who diagnosed that the front brakes, the rotors, the ball joints, and the tires needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. However, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 65,000.

- Circleville, OH, USA

Sep 012014

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. While driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle suddenly shut off. After restarting the engine, the vehicle operated normally. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the ignition switch was faulty. The ignition switch was replaced and the failure was remedied. The contact also indicated that while driving at highway speeds, the vehicle would drift from side to side and was very unstable. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and repaired. No further information was available. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The failure mileage was 135,000.

- Sayville, NY, USA

Jun 152012

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while driving at 60 mph, the vehicle started shaking and vibrating excessively. The contact stated that the shaking was more aggressive on a bumpy roadway or driving on a curve. The contact stated that only decreasing the speed would alleviate the shaking or vibrating. The vehicle was taken to three independent mechanics however the mechanics were unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not included in the NHTSA campaign number: 13V528000 (steering). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Land O' Lakes, FL, USA

Nov 242008

Ram 1500

The truck bounced all over the road since the day of purchase. Was told by Dodge that's the way they handle. The truck is very unstable and vibrates at slow and fast speeds. Had tires and wheels balanced many times. New tires installed. Many alignments and still the problems persisted. Air pressure always correct. When hitting a small bump in the highway, it would send a shockwave through the entire truck suspension. The vehicle becomes uncontrollable. Had the truck to many different dealers to check the suspension, drivetrain, and steering, they have found no issues. This problem has to be a design flaw or a weakness in the truck suspension. I reported these problems years ago to this Agency with no resulting action.

- New Castle, PA, USA

Sep 022014

Ram 1500

While driving during normal road conditions, at approximately 60 mph, the vehicle will begin to shake and vibrate excessively. This usually occurs when a bump in the road is hit or when taking a curve in the road at the mentioned speed. Shaking and vibrating only decreases when vehicle speed is reduced below 50 mph. Have replaced shocks and in the process of replacing tie rod ends to see if this alleviates the issue. Have also experienced issues with the vehicle shutting off during normal operation, the will sputter and stall out when coming to a stop, this issue has occurred four times in the past

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Apr 012011

Ram 1500

I bought this truck brand new in 07. I have had problems with the front end from day one. I took it in to the shop 3 or for times when under warranty for them to tell me nothing was wrong. The set of tires I have on it is the forth set due to wearing out. The truck pulls hard to the right, took it in for an alignment and was told it wasn't out & that something was wrong with the front end. This wasn't a Dodge dealer. When you get up to 60 mph, the truck starts shaking very bad. If I hit a bump or go across a bridge, it jerks the steering wheel very bad & almost caused a wreck. I have replaced the shocks, the bushing's on the sway bar, & brakes and rotors thinking this could maybe be the problem. It still does it till this day. I seen where some 07 mega cabs have been recalled & in my opinion I think they need to take a look at all 07 Dodge Ram 1500 models.

- Gate City, VA, USA

Apr 302015

Ram 1500

The contact owned a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. While driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle swayed from side to side when the brake pedal was depressed. As a result, the front driver side tire disengaged from the vehicle and the contact crashed into another vehicle. In addition, the contact stated that the front axle fractured. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained a back injury and the front passenger sustained neck, shoulder, back and hip injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 185,000.

- Hattiesburh, MS, USA

Apr 162015

Ram 1500

The wheel hub separated from my 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 due to the wheel bearing seizing up and exploding from the spindle assembly.

- Stillwater , OK, USA

Nov 152014

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact felt a strong vibration each time the vehicle was started. The failure progressed under the front end of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a repair shop, but the mechanic could not replicate or diagnose the failure. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V817000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available for the driver side air bag; however, it was available for the front passenger side air bag. The dealer scheduled the appointment to replace the front passenger side air bag. The contact had to wait for the driver side part, but was not given a timeframe for the repair. The vehicle was to be taken to an authorized dealer for further inspection. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 89,000.

- Hartshorne, OK, USA

Dec 252014

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

We were heading out of state on the interstate when all of a sudden the truck started shaking ferociously. My husband was driving and he slowed down. When he slowed down from 65 to around 50 miles an hour the shaking stopped. As he started to pick up speed again it started again. The shaking was so violent it felt as the truck would flip. As we were trying to find an exit to get off the interstate we crossed a bridge which was uneven and caused the shaking to begin again. After exiting the interstate and pulling into a parking lot my husband got out of the truck and looked under it expecting to find something broken or worn but he could find nothing that looked wrong. While heading back home it happened a few more times either when he got up to a certain speed or hit an uneven place in the road. The shake was frightening and it made the truck hard to maintain control to the point it felt like it was going to flip. It was a true 'death wobble'. after 3 months and 2 times in the shop with various front-end parts replaced and over $1000 spent the problem has not been corrected. We are getting ready to put it back in the shop for a third time on the 6th of April, 2015. We love our truck but we are concerned with the safety and reliability of it during our everyday use.

- Burlington , NC, USA

Mar 142015

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

Began traveling on a 4 land highway and had accelerated to 65 mph, the road surface is paved but has some winter heaves. After about 1 mile the front end began shaking violently and forced me to gradually slow to approximately 30 mph to fully regain control of the vehicle. Not knowing if this was caused by rough road or the vehicle I accelerated again to the speed limit, 65 mph, and within 1 mile the same thing recurred, after safely slowing a second time I exited the highway and have refrained from driving the vehicle above surface streets speed. I am seeking info and assistance to remedy this issue.

- Marion, IA, USA

May 042014

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. While driving approximately 15 mph, the rear differential separated from the vehicle causing the rear wheels to seize and the contact to lose control of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the gear kit, the seal drive, the pinion, the seal axle, the drive shaft, and the case differential needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 154,262. Updated 7/14/15

- Livermore, CA, USA

Jan 092014

Ram 1500

Driving at approximately 55 mph on I 81 in Virginia I ran into some rough pavement. The front wheels began bouncing causing me to lose control of the vehicle briefly. I had just purchased the vehicle and this was the first time it happened. I continued on my trip and encountered the problem on seemingly every expansion joint or every bridge. I had no choice but to continue to my destination, Massachusetts. I did not make it however as the truck eventually spun out on I95 in ct slamming into a guard rail. I replaced the front struts, assuming that was the issue. It was not. It is not the alignment nor the tires. All were checked. After the repairs from the accident, then parts the problem persists.

- Selma, TX, USA

Oct 082013

Ram 1500

When driving at speed and hit joint in road, steering wheel starts to shake violently. A search of the web describes what is called a "death wobble." This vehicle has this condition. Everything in front end checks out fine. Stock truck. This happens a few times a week. My wife refuses to drive truck.

- Street, MD, USA