1. used screen door rollers to fix (1 reports)
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Ram 2500:

1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Jul 152009

Ram 2500

My drivers window started acting up every time it was rolled down. Finally on 07 28 10 it fell down to the bottom of the door. I removed the door panel to see if I could fix the problem. I found that the plastic guides had broken and it looked like a relatively easy problem to fix. Just replace the plastic guides, right? I went to the local Dodge dealer and was informed that I would have to buy a complete motor and assembly to fix it. They did not just have the guides by them self. Cost just for the part was $270.00, not to mention the labor involved. I though what a rip off this was. Nothing else about the window was wrong. I went to my local hardware store and found an item that I felt would work just great. The cost for this part was $1.99. Quite a difference from $270.00. I had to modify the part very slightly to get it to work, but non the less it works great.

I love my Dodge Ram and it has been a great vehicle for which I originally purchased it for. However, this issue has certainly soured me on Dodge. Certainly Dodge Corp could come up with a fix as cheaply as I did and still get their labor costs in. I spent about 1 - 2 hours fixing it from start to finish. If anybody else out there has broken guide problems with their Dodge, contact me and I would be more than happy to tell you how I fixed my problem. Dodge Company, listen up and pay attention, this is how you lose customers.

- , Visalia, CA, USA