2. replace dash (16 reports)
  3. either cover it and sell the truck or replace the dash (2 reports)
  4. hopefully dodge does the right thing and replaces it (2 reports)
  5. i'm going to coat the upper dash with fiberglass (1 reports)
  6. plastic dash cover and cover with a dash mat good stuff (1 reports)
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Ram 2500:

1999 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

May 152007

Ram 2500 2500 HD 5.9L Cummings

After checking Google for a replacement dashboard cover and coming across AutoBeef, I became even more upset about my dashboard. To think that I bought another '06 Ram 3500 and the same thing could happen to it. I have tried to buy American, even though these vehicles were put together in Mexico. What do you think about that? I'm just sore!!

- , Conway, SC, USA

Apr 192008

Ram 2500 5.P Cummings

I haven't read anything yet explaining the real problem. I've worked around plastic process for 20 plus years, it's the damn type of plastic used when they outsourced the dashboards. For one it's not UV proof, it is too brittle, it is not reinforced and they saved a ton of money on it. There is no way the Corp. is going to foot the bill for the problem. We should go after the vendor as a class action lawsuit! Most likely they are already out of business because of problems like this. I think I'll check out the plastic dash cover I've read about here.

P.S. This truck is a monster that will eat Chevy's and Fords, I'ver never seen anything with this kind of torque!

- , Choctaw, OK, USA

May 062007

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9 DIESEL

Looks as though I get to join some of the "happy" Dodge owners as a member of the broken dashboard club. Looks like it's going to be another quirk of owning a second gen Dodge truck. Aside from the truck being a 99, I guess they'll defend it by saying Illinois is too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter and that the truck wasn't intended to be operated in such extremes.

- , Carol Stream, IL, USA

Mar 012008

Ram 2500 Xlt Larime 24 valve Diesel

Dash board cracked for no reason. Interior dome light broke for no reason. At 33,000 miles, the fuel filter went out at the repair cost of $2,700.00. The dash shouldn't of cracked, especially because I use a shade cover on a daily basis and the windows are tinted. This SUCKS!!!! Wish Dodge would recall this problem.

- , Santa Clarita, CA, USA

May 142007

i bought this truck new in 1999 and this problem started when the truck had about 27,000. dodge should recall these dashes and fix them. to many are cracking for it to be just one or two people complaining.

- , Portsmouth, OH, USA