8.4

1. replace dashboard (51 reports)
  3. recall on dash would help (31 reports)
  4. file class action to mandate dodge to replace safety hazard (6 reports)
  5. install pre formed plastic dash (3 reports)
  6. replace dash with quality material (3 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 2500:

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 7 of 7)

Jun 012007

Ram 2500 Diesel

The dash began with small fracture type cracks that have progressively gotten worse. The vehicle has been well cared for with reflective shields used when parked outside of cover. It's a shame that a truck that has othewise served well has a dashboard that the manufacturer will not cover to repair. With this and another recent problem with Chrysler products I can certainly understand why consumers are moving back to foreign autos. I know this will be my last (in addition to three other family members) purchase of a Chrysler product. And if they did manage to make a good product, there service centers would manage to screw it up!

- , Huntsville, AL, US

Jun 132007

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Cummins Diesel

Saw one small crack one day...then after a month the entire dash was crap! Big chunks of plastic missing, all kinds of problems. I would recommend using Armor all or some other protectant all the damn time!

- , Coloma, MI, USA

Jan 292007

Ram 2500 5.9L

Bought my 4x4 second-hand, but love the heck out of it. First noticed a crack running parallel to the steering column, then the second (bigger) crack began over the glove compartment.

I live in Hawaii, so I've always used window shades to protect my dash from the UVs. Since the truck is second hand, I'm not sure how well the first owner cared for the interior.

This raises an interesting question of whether new truck owners used window shades and STILL had cracks on their dashboards.

- , Waimea, HI, USA

Sep 292007

Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4 5.7L Straight 6

I bought this truck a year ago last august from a 1 owner with 48,000 miles. It just rolled over 78,000 miles and the dash board turned to sh*t. It started with just 1 little crack, and then i got into my truck, after work the other day and the dashboard looked like a damn road atlas. I love the truck other then that. Dodge needs to recall the damn dashboard or pay for brand new ones to be put in. So I'm on the band wagon and am really pissed with this problem. I thought I was the only 1 with this problem.

- , Hinton, OK, USA

Jul 282007

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L TD

Wow, one day I park the car and it's fine, the next it looks like someone took a hammer to the dashboard. Cracks everywhere and big chunks broke right off. Quality stuff! Of course dodge says they've never hear of it... I guess they can't do google searches.

- , San Jose, CA, US