7.7

1. replace dashboard (80 reports)
  3. complain, complain, complain at dealer (12 reports)
  4. cover with a dashboard cover (12 reports)
  5. replace dash (10 reports)
  6. get a dashboard from online for 260 + shipping then diy (5 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 2500:

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 7 of 9)

Apr 082010

Ram 2500 Desil

dodge won't do anything about the defected problem, Dealership here is fast at selling the vehicle to you. but not fast on doing even maintenance. i have a business and need the truck for work . But need an appointment just to change the oil . any other problem could put me out of business waiting just to have them look at it. I don't go through the dealership for to much anymore. And I won't buy a Dodge anymore because of the service and the fact that the parts that are defected they won't take responsibility for them

- , Houma, LA, USA

Sep 022010

Ram 2500 Regency 5.7L

I have this really great Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi. The truck is in perfect shape except the dash started to crack at the speaker holes one day . About a week later the whole dash on the passanger side cracked in two seperate places .Other than that the interior is perfect but why would all of a sudden the dash crack so much in less than 2 weeks time ?

- , Youngtown, AZ, USA

Dec 062005

Ram 2500 5.7L

dash cracked and like other owners it continues until components begin to fail and it becomes dangerous as well as being and embarrassment to me when any one see it. it is also unsellable. DODGE MAKES JUNK

- , Flower Mound, TX, USA

Oct 102009

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L

I am really upset with Chrysler. Apparently there is a big problem with the dashes cracking on dodge vehicles, including mine. I paid $36,000.00 for this truck in 2003 and the truck is kept in a carport and the dash cracked, a year ago. They won't fix it because it cost them to much to fix or recall the trucks for the problems. But they had no problem getting our tax dollars from the goverment to keep going because of the recession.

I build boats for a living and I stand behind my work and equipment they should too or the goverment should step in and force them too, or no more money...I have two dodge vehicles and have always liked them, but this is my last. Now I am having problems with my transmission also. The Cummins Diesel is great but the truck is falling apart around it.

- , Cambridge, MD, USA

Jul 012010

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L

I noticed that my dash was cracked. During the morning yesterday, it was cold and I turned on my defroster. The cracks in the dash progressed quickly to a point of blowing the louvers of the defrost vents out at me on high speed!!!! Think that this poses a bit of a safety hazard!

- , Lawton, OK, USA

Jan 012006

Ram 2500 5.9

dash in these trucks are junk definitely a problem, and if you cant get the stealership to help with something so obvious, just wait till you play the lift pump, and injector game with them (diesel)

- , San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 122010

Ram 2500 5.9

I want dodge to replace dash as its a safety issue. Pay 45k for a truck it should hold up longer than 3 years.

- , Maryville, TN, USA

Jul 042007

Ram 2500 2500 HD 5.7L

Dodge Truck is one hell of a truck that has never left me on the side of the road for over 225,000 miles of hard miles. I have always known that she won't let me down. However the dashboard has been cracking and cracking to the point of totally disintegrating it. It seems to get worse daily. The truck has dark tint on it and I try to block as much sun as possible to maintain the lowest temperature possible in the cab.

I would like for dodge to admit the dashboards are defective and can cause problems. For 50,000 dollars I feel like I should at least get a jar of vaseline for all my loyalty...all I ask is a break on the repair. Dodge man for life ....They are still the truck to beat...My hemi...as long as u feed it..will run..So dodge..please send parts..

- , Tampa, FL, USA

Jul 142009

Ram 2500

With the dash being well taken care of, it still cracked in several places and some of it will crumble when touched.

- , Oak Point, TX, USA

Jun 262009

Ram 2500 SLT 5.7L

click to see larger images

dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked

I own 4 vehicles ranging from a 1984 Toyota 4x4 pickup, 1995 Hyundai accent, 1996 Nissan Quest, 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT. My newest vehicle, the 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 is pristine other than the dash which is starting to literally fall apart. My other four vehicles have zero issues with the dash other than a small split in the Toyota dash and all are much older vehicles. I am very frustrated that this is happening. At first I thought that this may be an isolated incidence with my truck but have since found out that this will happen to likely all of them that fall within the 2002 to 2006 year range within a matter of time. What's even worse is that if you buy a new dash from Dodge it will do the same thing.

I have not confronted the Dodge dealership yet. Beware that the edges of these cracked areas are very very sharp. I cut myself pretty good just brushing some dust off of the dash. I have to keep my kids away from it for just this reason. I cannot imagine getting in a wreck with this thing. I can imagine the sharp projectiles coming from the dash.

Dodge, I was hesitant to buy your vehicle to begin with. I have actually been pleased with many other aspects of the vehicle but if an appropriate remedy is not provided regarding this cracked dash issue, it will be my last Dodge.

- , Sandy, UT, USA

Sep 052007

Ram 2500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

the dash started cracking and continues to crack. it is very embarrassing when people

see the cracks, when the rest of the truck looks good. as for buying a new dodge truck

i don't think so. i would think dodge would take care of the dash problem. if their quality control was effective this would not have happened. what other problems have they missed.

- , Hernando, FL, USA

Jul 312007

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L

mAJOR DASH CRACKS REPRESENT A REAL HAZARD, RISKING INJURY TO DRIVER AND PASSENGERS

- , Sacramento, CA, USA

May 032010

Ram 2500 V8

The rest of the truck is in perfect condion. The dash board is going to start coming apart in peices. This is making not want any Dodge products in the future if Dodge does not fix it!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Port Deposit, MD, USA

Jun 012009

Ram 2500 SLT 5.7L

Hard to believe with advances in technology problems like this still exist. The interior on this vehicle is garbage. Any wonder they have financial trouble.

- , Bensalem, PA, USA

Jul 222009

Ram 2500 2500HD 5.9L

The dash began cracking last summer. It started at the defrost vent and now it has covered the whole dash. I know replacement is the only fix for this but will it happen again. It makes the vehicle looky really trashy. I'm thinking Ford or Chevy for my next pickup.

- , Andrews, TX, USA

Sep 012009

Ram 2500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

My 2003 Ram 2500 was perfect until 2009. It got one little crack in the dash. In one years time it now has at least ten cracks, mostly front to back. I decided to glue the cracks with JB Weld and buy a dash cover. I lifted the cover last week and there are even more cracks and pieces are starting to fall into the chasm. The dashboard is disintegrating. I am appalled that Chrysler won't do anything about this obvious defect. It is quickly becoming a safety hazard. I'll not buy another one unless they fix this one. My truck will be seven years old in July, 2010.

- , Angleton, TX, USA

May 022008

Ram 2500 Diesel

Last Dodge I will ever buy!!!! Can't believe people are still buying them I tell everyone not to buy a dodge pick up. Every plastic part has cracked or broke. Dash is awful!! Hand rails broke off and distribution box for A/C is broke. AND Dodge won't do a damn thing about it! They SUCK!!!!!!

- , Cocoa, FL, USA

Jun 082009

Ram 2500 2500HD 5.7L Lt

After hearing all the complaints regarding cracked dashboards on Dodge Trucks and finding out it was due to faulty material I feel very strongly that Chrysler Corporation should replace them free of charge. If not, I will think twice before buying a Chrysler product in the future.

Note: Before we found out that the problem was widespread and due to faulty material, we had our dashboard repaired and it cost us $366 Canadian. However, the dashboard cracked again in exactly the same place within a couple of weeks and other cracks started to appear.

- , Gatineau, Quebec, Canada

Dec 042009

Ram 2500 2500 HD 5.7L Diesel

Filed first complaint w/Dodge. They offered to pay the $200 deduc. and leave me with $400. I thought I was the customer here! Anyways, left numerous messages for someone from Dodge to call back. Never heard a word. Just reopened a new complaint yesterday. Dodge is going to contact the dealer again about at least meeting me in the middle. The lady at Dodge kept trying to convenience me they were doing me a favor by paying the $200. I told her since Dodge knew this was a material defect in the dash, they should be paying the whole thing but that I was willing to pay $300. There was some comment made about how I haven't taken my truck by to the dealer for routine service. HELLO! Why pay out the rear for something we can do ourselves. The truck has been kept undercover, clean and the dash treated since day one. Going down interstate one day and it just cracks. Sucks big time.

- , Jefferson, TX, USA

Mar 052010

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Ctd

I have researched this and it is obviously a big problem. Dodge never planned to fix the problems from the 2nd generation trucks so they used the same cheap garbage to build the dash in the 3rd gen trucks. They should be held liable for this but they want to blame the consumers who put faith in their products.

Dodge has found a way to stick it to us.......yet again.

- , Knoxville, TN, US