7.3

2. replace dash (12 reports)
  3. dodge should recall (4 reports)
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 2500:

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 142008

Ram 2500 SLT 5.7L

This should have been fixed under recall Dodge knew this was a problem

- , Pensacola, FL, USA

Sep 152010

Ram 2500 SLT 5.9 Cummins

I have owned the vehicle since new and used a sun shade for all of its life, and still the dash is cracked and falling in. This is the second dodge truck that I owned that has the same problem. This is surely a defect that Dodge should take care of. At the least they should offer improved replacement parts at a reasonable cost.

- , Trafalgar, IN, USA

Jun 022010

Ram 2500 2500

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Truck looks great and in good shape but the 3 huge cracks make it awefullllll. help

- , Mcdonough, GA, USA

Jan 012009

Ram 2500 Laramie 5.7L

Dodge should replace dash. No other trucks manufactures have this defect.,

- , Hanover, MD, USA

Jul 122010

Ram 2500 2500HD

Dodge seems to have issues with the interior. This is my first and last dodge product.

- , Smithville, TX, USA

Aug 292010

Ram 2500

This stinks. You work hard to keep a vehicle looking nice and well maintained and the dash cracks??

- , Tracy, IA, USA

Jul 282010

Ram 2500 2500 HD 5.7L Diesel

Top of the line 2004 Dodge 2500. A single crack in the middle of the dash approx. 8 inches long. Will probably purchase a dash cover to mitigate any further damage.

- , Little Rock, AR, USA

Aug 012008

Ram 2500 Lariat 5.9L Turbo

There are two cracks running front to back of the dash. This is absolutely ridiculous, that a dash cracks in two places on a truck that stickers for $55,000. What the HELL!!!! No wonder there's a problem with car makers selling cars and trucks. There turning out sh*t and charging gold for it!!

- , Carriere, MS, USA

Oct 202007

Ram 2500 Laraido 5.7L

I found this site looking for others with a similar issue. Wow, I did not realize this was a major problem over several years. I have 3 small cracks 2 on the passenger side and the newest just on the right side from the driver. All go from the windshield towards the front edge, but right now are similar cracks and not getting bigger like some of the other pictures shown. These started happening a year after the standard warranty, but I am still on extended warranty. I will go in next week to see if I get rejected on the warranty. Same issues as others, gulf coast, low mileage, nothing to suggest worst-practices was used. I have other dodge and jeep vehicles and have had over the past 20 years and never have seen this problem. I do not want this fixed by the dealer if the issue is not resolved and will add my complaint to whatever forum is available, if I cant get this resolved, BBB and others. Otherwise, I have been extremely pleased with my hemi. With a 34 gallon gas tank, I have seen swings of .75 a gallon between fillups... max so far has been 105.00...

- , Sugar Land, TX, USA

Jul 012008

Ram 2500 5.9L V8

My dash has cracked in two places and even though I purchased an extended warranty, Dodge said that they would not warrant the cracked dash and that I purchase a nice looking dash cover. I asked how much for a new dash and the guy said $1200-1700.

Of course I mentioned that I hadn't seen an automobile with a cracked dash since the '70s.

- , Lewisville, TX, USA