2. replace power steering pump/install inline filter (1 reports)
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 2500:

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Apr 012015

Ram 2500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

I'm on the fifth power steering pump. The first two were covered by an aftermarket warranty at the dealer. It's really not that difficult to change, but only re-manufactured pumps are sold in stores. I was able to find a brand new pump on and it hasn't failed yet. I've been replacing it about every 10k miles. This new one is going on 15k and is just barely starting to whine. This should be a factory recall but isn't yet

- , Frederick, MD, USA

Dec 042004

Ram 2500 2500 Diesel

From the day I bought it it had this problem but got worse over time. Now it's a painto hear on every turn.

Brought it in this year 3 times and they changed the steering box,steering pump and hoses and still has this problem. Now they say they can't do anything more on it. I'm waiting for the rep. to come here to talk to but I'm sure he will tell me the same thing. There is 3 trucks that I know of with this problem. The dealer here told them when they fix my truck then they will get to them. I never saw this problem on thus web sight iis there any one else with this problem? Please let me know if it gets on....... Any one can e-mail me for more info..

- , Eleele, HI, USA