2.3

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 2500:

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 4 of 5)

Feb 082011

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl

2006 Dodge 2500 / turn signal problems.

- Collinsville, OK, USA

Jan 182011

Ram 2500

Turn signal intermittently fails or signals the opposite direction.

- Oakland , CA, USA

Oct 172010

Ram 2500 4WD

I have 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 trx4, I started having problems with my rt rear turn signal approx 2 months ago. Thought it was bulb, wasn't! I took truck to local auto electric shop, was told on Dec 14th, 2010 that the problem was the entire fuse block that controls the turn signals. He called Dodge dealer and was told that the part would run over $700 and that there were 200 already on back-order! now, Jan 3rd, 2011 when I push on brake the rt rear light flickers/flashes as if the turn signal is working. I don't believe that $700 plus labor is acceptable from Dodge, and even if I ordered the part they can't tell me when it would deliver due to large back log on them. It seems to me that there is a major issue and I think that there should be a recall issued by Dodge.

- Anderson, IN, USA

Jan 012006

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 turn signals don't work part time and part time turn on the wrong signal like turn on left and it turns on the right, also the wipers won't turn on some times and then won't turn on past slow wipe, when you turn on the brights it turns on the washer and wipers, I understand this is the same switch, the multifunction switch, Dodge has redesigned it now twice according to a dealer but has not recalled it and charges high dollars to fix it up to $700 this is a safety issue and should have been recalled years ago what is the hang up for the recall?

- Pleasent Grove, UT, USA

Nov 292010

Ram 2500

This has accured several times, while using turn signals.while driving I turn on the left signal and the right one seems to come on and then at times they will just all blink on and off. Then at other times while using the turn signals. The lights go fast then goes out. I feel this is a important and major saftey feature of this vehicle/ truck. I went and ask the local Dodge dealer service advisor about this problem. The advisor said he never heard of it. And further that warranty was out at 36000 miles. I was in the belief. That safety items on new vehicles were covered for 5 years 100000 miles... this problem will cause a accident. The ? is when...please recall this problem before someone gets hurt while turning due to the from a faulty turn signal that hes been found on the 2006 Dodge Ram pick up.

- Csa Grande, AZ, USA

Oct 262010

Ram 2500

I have a 2006 Dodge megacab 2500 I recently purchased. The turn signal multiswitch has a malfunction which seems to be a common problem. When I turn my left blinker on, the right signal will also blink and vice versa. The is a safety issue that can cause an accident.

- Santa Fe, TX, USA

Oct 162010

Ram 2500

Our 2006 Dodge Ram megacab will signal in the wrong direction. For instance, if you signal left, the right turn signal will turn on or both turn signals will start flashing, or the turn signals won't work at all. Sometimes when the headlights are on, and you turn it to high beams, the headlights will totally turn off. The windshield wipers will only work on intermittent speed. We had this replaced once under warranty, and now, a year later, the new switch has the same problems. These are hazards when we are driving. These problems were occurring once in a while, but now it is happening all the time.

- Dodge Center, MN, USA

Sep 242010

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that when driving at various speeds and engaging the turn signals, the opposite turn signal tail light would flash. The vehicle was not taken to be examined for the cause of failure and was not repaired. The VIN was unavailable. The failure and current mileage was 65,000.

- Draper, UT, USA

Jun 202010

Ram 2500

I have a 2006 Dodge mega cab 2500 4X4 slt with ~53K miles on it. About 1 month ago I started to experience issues with using my left turn signal. During light momentary and full left turn signal actuation, my right turn signal would come on and the left turn signal would not come on. The occurrences happen at random times and for random durations of time. I usually fiddle with the turn signal lever to get the left signal to work after I notice the incorrect flashing of the right turn signal. This surely has raised my chances of being involved in an accident as other drivers interpret this to mean I have change my intent to turn or am confused or possibly impaired. This is an ongoing problem and I will repair this at my own cost to avoid putting myself in danger. I have read numerous reports of this or very similar failures occurring in the Dodge truck line. Please make this a safety recall in order to address this serious issue.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Sep 212010

Ram 2500

Normal driving, no rain, daylight hours. Outside temp. Was approx. 85 deg F. when attempting to activate left turn signal for a lane change, the signal would not activate, when I attempted to activate it again, the right signal activated. During the duration of my trip I was able to replicate this problem numerous times, affecting both sides. I was able to duplicate this issue with the vehicle both at rest and stationary, with the engine running. I have not fixed this issue at this time, but plan to replace the multifunction switch.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Mar 152010

Ram 2500

Turn indicator on 2006 Dodge 2500 pickup truck either fails to operate or when the indicator should be signaling for a left turn it is actually activating the right turn lights, sometime switching the direction as it is operating.

- Waterford, MI, USA

Sep 012010

Ram 2500

I was changing lanes on the interstate in minneapolis mn in heavy traffic and when I activated the left turn signal, the right turn signal flashed. I did catch it and didn't switch lanes. Obviously a safety concern. The problem has been coming and going for two days now and I plan to bring it to a dealer this weekend. When this does happen I can activate the four way flashers and the left turn signal does work. I don't know what the problem is but hopefully there is a fix for it.

- Prior Lake, MN, USA

Apr 012010

Ram 2500

Use of left turn signal results in right turn blinker unless steering wheel is moved.

- Bellport, NY, USA

Nov 242008

Ram 2500

Multifunction switch in Dodge Ram 2500 defective. Blinkers when activated blink for the wrong direction, or not at all. Sometimes when they do activate they wont turn off. Hazard lights are also affected. Could cause an accident because from in the cab the blinker will show left turn but the right turn blinker will be blinking and vice versa. Or blinkers may show to be activated but are actually not. Wipers may start or stop with no warning. The blinker issue will cause an accident eventually, it probably already has. Wiper function is intermittent or no at all, problem occurs without any sort of warning.

- Bradford, AR, USA

Aug 122010

Ram 2500

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 turn signal issues. Malfunctioning turn signals. Turn left signal on and right signal comes on intermittently. Sometimes neither side turn signals work. Moving tilt steering column seems to temporary fix the issue. Nearly had an accident while making a left turn and right blinker went on instead, vehicle following passed on the left hand side of truck because they saw the right hand turn signal flashing. Dodge has a tsb for this problem on the Ram 3500, so they know what is wrong. However, they refuse to admit there is a problem on 2500 Ram, and it should be forced to mandatory recall on both vehicles. There are several reports of other Dodge Ram 2500 with same problem in other online forums, and I personally know of someone with same problem on their 2006 Dodge Ram.

- Montgomery, NY, USA

Aug 112010

Ram 2500

Turn signals do not blink properly, often times both come on at once. Windshield wipers suddenly go off during the middle of driving, which is not experienced very often due to it not raining very often, but it happens enough to scare me.

- Cedar Park, TX, USA

Jul 032010

Ram 2500

I own a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 mega cab. Just last week my blinkers started going crazy. I will signal the left blinker and it will signal right and visa versa. This problem happens daily and happens so frequent that I am afraid to drive my truck anywhere. I have not replaced the switch yet. In doing research, it says you must pull the steering wheel to fix the problem. I just thought a wire might be grounding out. I then started to do some research and many many other people are having this issue on their trucks of the same year. I do hope you consider this a recall as it to be a very intense safety issue and I do believe Dodge should fix the problem. Doing research on the problem it does cost a significant amount. If I have to fix a safety issue that is ongoing with a vehicle and Dodge knows about it, it is time for the government to step in and make this corporation fix the safety problem. If they know about the problem and don't fix it, I am sure a lawyer could be contacted to let everyone know about the problem including the ones who won't fix it.

- Cameron, MO, USA

Jun 162010

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 laramie. Turn signals operate sporadically. Moving the turn signal stalk to signal a left turn can result in no flashing of the left turn signal but improper flashing of the right turn signal. Likewise the same opposite improper operation occurs when moving the turn signal stalk to signal a right turn. The incorrect flashing signal appears at both the dashboard indicator light and at the exterior front and rear turn signal lighting positions.

- Easton, PA, USA

Apr 302010

Ram 2500

2006 Ram pick up right turn signal comes on when left turn signal is switched on. If the trick requires to be fixed before it passes state inspection, then it is a safety problem and should be recalled. Dodge wants greater than 500 dollars to fix and the problem exists all over the internet.

- Bulverde, TX, USA

Mar 082010

Ram 2500

Turn signal malfunction switch Dodge Ram 2500, signal has poor quality plating on the circuit board causing a buildup of metal in the dielectric grease on the switch. This in turn causes an erratic or no signal operation at all making it very dangerous to drive when pulling a trailer. Dodge service said there was no problem but Dodge parts knew what the problem was and told me what part to buy an or how to fix. I drove over 50,000 miles and almost had several accidents and the Kansas highway patrol finally verified the problem. They have recalled the 3500 Ram truck but this is very common on the 1500,2500 models also. I have replaced the part at my expense and inspected the old switch and cleaned it to keep it as a spare.

- Bonner Springs, KS, USA