2007 Dodge Ram 2500 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Ram 2500:

2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 8 of 9)

Jul 152010

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500. While the contact was driving approximately 65-70 mph, the vehicle began to shake violently. The speed rate was reduced to 40 mph and the failure would stop. The failure occurred at any speed above 55 mph. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the steering stabilizer shock was replaced. The failure continued after the repair. The contact was in the process of taking the vehicle back to the dealer for the second time pertaining to the prior identical failure. The failure mileage was approximately 42,000.

- Evergreen, CO, USA

Jul 102010

Ram 2500 Diesel

2007 Dodge diesel 2500 mega cab death wobble on front end when driving 70mph and hitting a small bump in hwy. No accident occurred however the vehicle has less than 36,000 miles and Dodge says there is nothing wrong.

- Pampa, TX, USA

Aug 162010

Ram 2500

Front end started to shake out of control after hitting a bump on the freeway. Also known as death wobble. Happened three times now. The shaking is so violent luckily no cars where around or I would have hit them.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Aug 172008

Ram 2500

While driving between 55-70 and hit a bump in the road the truck shakes horribly. Nothing has been done as of yet to resolve this.

- Columbus, IN, USA

Jun 142009

Ram 2500

I currently operate a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 that experiences the "death wobble". when traveling +60mph and hit a bump/pothole/overpass the vehicle will begin to shake violently until stopping in the emergency lane. This happened for the first time at 52,300 miles and continues to occur. The vehicle is owned and operated by the federal government. The vehicle has been taken to a mechanic and could find nothing wrong with the equipment. It would be wise for Dodge, ntsb, and NHTSA to issue a recall for this vehicle. It would not take much for a severe accident to occur. I experienced the wobble while traveling 70 mph on the interstate with a semi on my right and one behind me. It was very difficult to navigate to the emergency lane without striking a truck. A recall or part that needs replacing would help the +45 complaints repair the vehicle. This is not safe and demonstrates negligence on Dodge, NHTSA and ntsb.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

May 012010

Ram 2500 4WD

I own a 2007 Dodge Ram 4X4 2500, I have been experiencing "death wobble" I took the truck to the dealer for the H46 recall to upgrade steering to 08.5 year but the dealer just looked under the truck and said it was ok, I explained the "death wobble" and was told that they would not do any type of warranty work for "death wobble" I continued to tell them that this happens every time I hit a bump in the road and almost have to come to a complete stop before the problem will stop. I left the dealer with no fix to my problem.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Apr 152010

Ram 2500

2007 Dodge Ram 2500 "death wobble" will soon kill someone.

- Sweetgrass, MT, USA

Jun 062008

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that the steering would intermittently become locked when driving at various speeds. After moving the steering wheel was moved several times, the steering wheel would resume normal operation. The steering box was previously replaced by an independent mechanic. The failure did not persist. The failure mileage was approximately 6,000 and the current mileage was approximately 50,000.

- Casa Grande , AZ, USA

May 302010

Ram 2500

My 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 wobbles when I hit a bump on the highway. It has happened many times and I took it for repairs. The truck was "serviced" and returned to me "fixed". however, I am still having the same problem and am fearful of driving the vehicle.

- West Orange, NJ, USA

May 092009

Ram 2500

My 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 passenger side tie rod end broke while driving down the road. The tie rod then went through the sidewall of the tire, flattening it and cocking the tire to the outside. Making me lose control of the vehicle. Dodge has a recall on the other end of the tie rod and was not willing to do anything about my situation. They offer an update kit that I had to pay for. In talking to my mechanic and local parts house mine is not the first situation of this kind. This is a very dangerous problem and is something that needs to be taken care of.

- Oakley, ID, USA

Mar 152009

Ram 2500

I own a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 4WD quad cab long wheel base pickup truck. The steering on this vehicle is best described as ridiculous for the price you have to pay for the truck, not to mention how dangerous it is. My problems started before the truck even reached 20,000 miles. The dealership I purchased the truck from replaced the tie rod ends under warranty, and that helped for a few thousand miles, but didn't correct the problem. I attempted changing the tires and wheels for a set of aftermarket ones around 45-50K miles and that's when the "death wobble" started. I was traveling in the fast lane of a 3 lane interstate at around 70mph, and luckily was able to exit the interstate shortly after it started. I could not regain total control of the vehicle until it came to a complete stop! I'm just lucky it wasn't raining, or very crowded on the interstate at the time or I might not be here to write this complaint. I have replaced the factory steering stabilizer with an aftermarket rancho unit, but that didn't change a thing. I have researched the internet numerous times, but never see any real solutions, only aftermarket manufacturers attempting to sell their idea of a fix. This is a real issue that someone needs to force Dodge to correct. I don't know if there are any deaths directly related to this problem, but rest assured there will be. I can't believe that it's been allowed to go on this long. I can't stand the thought of using this vehicle to Transport my family, let alone my family losing me because of Dodge's apathy towards this issue. I guess someone will have to videotape themselves crashing before the government steps in and makes Dodge take notice, like they did to Toyota.

- Moody, AL, USA

Apr 012010

Ram 2500

The vehicle has a violent death wobble at speed when hitting bumps in the road. It has since I have owned it. The truck only has 33,000 miles on it currently. Has been to the dealership numerous times for repair with no fix.

- Logan, OH, USA

Mar 172010

Ram 2500

I was driving to town (approx. 4 miles) when I hit 50 mph. The truck began to shake violently after hitting a minor irregularity in the road. I then slowed to approx. 30 mph to make it go away. Though it has only happened to me twice I began looking on the internet and found a plethera of info on the notorious "Dodge death shake" this problem is in every vehicle forum I have visited and cannot believe you have done nothing about it. All the stories are the same and most do not trust there vehicle anymore. There is a laundry list of fixes but there are conflicting results. Dodge claims it is the front stabilizer, but I have changed it and after it happened again. I am very disappointed in the fact that I paid 30,000 for a truck I cannot trust. I would hope you do not continue to sit on your hands in this matter because it is plastered all over the internet and even a news story about it in North Carolina. Please, do something! I have been an automotive mechanic for over 20 years and this is a real problem.

- Jackson, WY, USA

Mar 302010

Ram 2500

Dodge 2007, model 2500 turbo diesel crew cab, with approximately 20,500 miles. At 55 mph, a sudden bump caused by a freeway expansion joint resulted in severe steering wheel shaking with front end of truck going out of control. I regained control through gentle braking. Initially I believed the issue to be with the road, however, fifteen minutes later at 55 mph, and hitting a hard bump the steering violently shook again, while the front end jumped up and down and left and right. I lost control of the truck exiting the paved surface and came to rest in the barrow pit. Both incidents were on paved freeway (interstate 215 and interstate 80 in Utah). I'm lucky to be alive narrowly as I narrowly missed a tractor trailor. I had just purchased this truck from henry day Ford of West valley city, Utah. They certified the used truck with a full inspection of the steering system. Apparently, a known issue with a "recall" for steering linkage (safety recall H46-mopar steering linkage). Recall was complied with during September 2009. Problem obviously still exists even after recall compliance.

- Park City, UT, USA

Jan 192010

Ram 2500 Diesel

I purchased a used 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 5.9 liter diesel with 52,523 miles from a dealer on 1/18/10. The truck has no prior damage or repairs per carfax and the dealer info. I am experiencing front end harmonic wheel hop and shake at highway speeds of approx 50-70mph. This wheel shake occurs whenever the truck runs over an irregular road surface, pothole or bridge to road drop. I have researched on line forums and have read numerous complaints by other Dodge truck owners which are experiencing this same condition known as a "death wobble". I took the truck in to a Dodge dealer who performed a Dodge recall. They replaced the pitman arm and lower link as prescribed. Unfortunately this did not repair the problem at all. The truck still has this condition and I have experienced an unsafe driving condition due to this front in harmonic steering fault.

- Pelham, AL, USA

Aug 032009

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500. While driving between 50 and 70 mph over a bump in the road, the front of the vehicle began vibrating excessively as if the vehicle was going to fall apart. The vibration also forced a vehicle driving next to the contact to switch lanes. This type of failure has been known as the death wobble. The dealer and the manufacturer advised the contact to have the front end aligned; however, after three alignments, the failure continued to occur. The failure mileage was 52,000.

- Avon, CO, USA

Nov 292009

Ram 2500

I own a 2007 Dodge 2500 mega cab and have now experienced the so called Dodge "death-wobble" on 3 separate occasions in the last 2 months. Traveling at highway speeds whether a smooth road or if I hit a small pothole the truck begins shaking violently and does not stop until speed is reduced significantly (under 30 mph). I have researched the issue via the web and have seen a news report of this happening to others with the newer models of the Dodge Ram series. I currently have the vehicle scheduled for inspection (2 Dec 09) with the dealer for possible repairs but wanted to submit a complaint as I believe this is happening to many other motorists as reported by wsoc in charlotte nc. I only knew of contacting the NHTSA because of the news report I found. This reoccuring situation if not corrected is a safety issue which if not corrected is an "extreme" danger to all motorists on the road.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Nov 072009

Death wobble.

- Rio Rancho, NM, USA

Dec 102008

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 mega cab. When driving speeds higher than 55 mph the front-end of the vehicle would shimmy if he strikes a small bump or crack in the road. Usually after brake application the wobbling stops. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but the technicians could not identify the cause of the failure. The technician added that the "death wobble" was a consistent failure with his model type. The vehicle was taken to another dealer, and a temporary repair was made. The manufacturer was notified, but they would not confirm that the failure exists with this model type. The failure mileage was 12,000. The current mileage was 17,000.

- Sierra Vista, AZ, USA

Jul 232009

Ram 2500 Diesel

I have a Dodge 2007 2500 pickup 4X4 diesel 6.7. I have experienced a violent shaking when driving 55-70 mph and hitting a ridge or expansion joint on the road. I was told it was the tires after the first two times it happened, I replaced the tires and experienced it 3 more times before I could get it to the shop. After getting a rod replaced in the front end and the shop stating it was fixed, it happened again within the nest 150 miles. I began searching the internet for answers and came across the "Dodge death wobble" and found this has been an ongoing problem for this truck for years. I really believed when this happened the first few times, I was about to wreck or worse, wreck someone else. The truck shakes so violently the driver has zero control. It must look pretty bad from other drivers views as they quickly stop and get out of the way. This should not be happening to a new truck and should be a recall and not make the buyer have to pay to have parts replaced as I have had to do. The truck is so bad I cannot allow it to be driven by my wife or anyone else for fear they could be killed. My wife worries every time I go to work as this has become a big source of stress in our lives.

- Caddo Mills, TX, USA