2007 Dodge Ram 2500 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Ram 2500:

2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Aug 172010

Ram 2500 6-cyl Diesel

While towing our 27ft Montana fifth wheel, I crossed over a cattle guard and got a very violent vibration in the steering wheel. I had to come to a stop to make quit. I found out from my mechanic it's called the Dodge death wobble. Chrysler Corp. Will do nothing about it, even though it happens to thousands of people who drive Dodge trucks.

- Reno, NV, USA

Jan 152013

Ram 2500 6-cyl Diesel

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated while driving approximately 50 mph the front end and the steering wheel lunged forward and shook uncontrollably. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who replaced the front and rear driver and passenger side tires, the upper and lower ball joints and the inner and outer tie rods. The failure continued to occur after the vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Minatare, NE, USA

Apr 062013

Ram 2500

I have owned this truck from day one. 2007 Ram 2500 4X4 quad cab 5.9. 50,000 miles. Truck has been pulling to the right for a while. I took vehicle in for alignment at dealership. They set it to specs. Brought it back about 40 days later to realign, still pulling to the right. Service advisor said that I needed to buy an offset ball joint in order for them to get more adjustment and to correct alignment at a cost of $622. Said that this is common problem. I called & emailed Dodge/Chrysler asking why I would have to buy a part to correct a stock factory item. They called dealership to verify problem and told me what the dealership said it needed and that was all. Consumer shouldn't have to buy aftermarket parts to fix a stock item.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Mar 282013

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the steering wheel vibrated and the vehicle would pull to the right. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was determined that the ball joints failed. The vehicle was in the process of being repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000. The VIN was not available.

- Bedford, TX, USA

Jan 172013

Ram 2500

On numerous occasions my truck has went into a violent shaking. Known by many as the "Dodge death wobble". I have spoken with Dodge on this issue at two different dealerships and they are aware of the issue but seem to refuse to fix or recall it. I have seen numerous fixes that my or may not fix the issue but at owners expense. This is ridiculous on a $40,000 vehicle in my opinion. I am truly amazed no one has been injured or killed from this issue.

- Yukon, OK, USA

Jan 022013

Ram 2500 4WD 8-cyl

Driving on the expressway going about 65 mph, as I crossed over the expansion joints on a bridge the truck started shaking violently. It did not quit until I pulled over and stopped. I tried to continue to work and everytime I hit a bump it would shake violently even at 40 mph. If there would have been someone beside me at the time of the occurrence there would have been a serious crash.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Oct 012012

Ram 2500 8-cyl

Was driving on us 119 in wv traveling at about 65 mph and ran over one of the expansions joints on the roadway. Front end of the truck immediately started shaking and wobbling out of control, having to slow down to around 10 or 15 mph to gain control back. Had owned the truck for a few months with no problems until then. I have had garages to tell me to replace this and that to fix problem, being told that Dodge was aware of the problem. As of this date I have had nothing done that has fixed problem, it is somewhat better as long as you stay under around 50 mph or so. The truck has done it approximately 15 to 20 times since then, having to slow down almost completely to get control of truck. Since having gone thru this problem, I have read and talked to people about having the same problem with the same model of truck and have found out that I am not alone with this concern about my truck.

- Wharton, WV, USA

Oct 292011

Ram 2500 4WD 8-cyl

Headed on interstate East down a hill hit a split the in pavement and the front end started to wobble so bad that the truck changed lanes had to put the truck in neutral and coast to the side of the road to avoid other traffic in the other two lanes this could cause death to someone. I have had every part in the front end replaced steering box / upper and lower balljoints /all tierodends/tire balanced new bushings.everything.

- Watervliet, NY, USA

Jul 312012

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

While driving on the highway at 66 mph my 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 4WD diesel started to experience the Dodge death wobble. The whole truck started shaking and it was dangerous and hard to control.

- Romeoville, IL, USA

Dec 232011

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated that while driving 45 mph, the vehicle started to shake violently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer four times in which they repaired the upper and lower ball joints, control arms, bushings, and the tie rods. The dealer stated there were no recalls for the failure. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 51,493 and the current mileage was 56,078.

- Xenia, IL, USA

Apr 022012

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

When driving at 50-75 mph my truck has a very bad woble. It is very hard to control when it does this and I have to slow down in order for it to stop. With this being my only transportation to work and everything else I have nothing elsle to drive. I have took it to the dealership and one person say their is nothing wrong with my truck and the other say I need to sale it because Dodge will never fix it or own up to their is a problem. I have had so many things replaced the shocks, control arms, steering rack, pitman arm and steering damper.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Jun 022012

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

We were pulling the horse trailer we hit a pot hole and the truck went into a death wobble.the steering wheel just shook and the tires felt like they were going to come off the whole truck just shook. This was a danger to us and others. For you had to almost come to a stop on the freeway. I have read pages and blogs on this same problems on Dodge trucks.somebody is going to die before Dodge fixes this problem.

- Ephrata, WA, USA

May 222012

Ram 2500 6-cyl Diesel

Going down the highway at 55-60 and you come across a bridge landing you encounter an uncontrollable shaking in the drivers wheel and the truck wants to go all over the road and you must slam your brakes on to regain control over the whole truck. The mechanic told me the trac bar ruined my ball joints and wheel bearings he has seen alot of these Dodge have this issue. And in his opinion they should be recalled this bill is going to cost me over $1500 mainly in just parts alone.

- Roachdale, IN, USA

May 212012

Ram 2500 6-cyl Diesel

I was driving South on hwy146 in baytown, tx. I struck a small pot hole and thats when the so called death wobble occured, had to brake and avoid striking other vehicles. This is the second time this occured within a week. There needs to be a recall before someone dies.

- Baytown, TX, USA

Apr 142009

Ram 2500 6-cyl Diesel

Starting 3 years ago my truck started doing the death wobble at speeds of 35 and up when ever you hit any bump in the road, the wheel would shake so violently it would cause the loss of control for steering. The first time it happened to me the truck went into a ditch and threw me into the window, it has continued to happen for years now. Dealerships have said nothing is wrong, even though it continues to happen. I only have 38K miles on the truck because I am afraid to drive it with my family inside due to this condition. Something needs to be done about this, it has been an on going problem for at lease 10 years now. Dodge needs to come up with a recall before anyone else looses there life or more property damage occurs. The problem is a known fact and the government can see the track records of the failure. Please help us consumers!!!!!!!

- Montgomery , IL, USA

Feb 062012

Ram 2500 6-cyl

I purchased a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 in December 2010 from royal gate Dodge in ellisville, mo. The vehicle had a "death wobble" and the sales rep. Recommended changing the linkage to the updated version that was available. They gave it to me free as long as I installed it on the truck. I did at approx. 73,000 miles. Now, 13 months later and 27,000 miles on the replaced linkage, my left outer tie rod sheared off while turning a corning at around 15mph. Since I took the linkage and installed it myself, it only has a 12 month warranty. If they installed it, would have been covered. As sad as their business practices are, I am writing regarding your investigation/recall on the 2500/3500 newer trucks with the same issue. I would like to make you aware of the issue that these defective parts can be interchanged on older vehicles, like mine. I have ordered the replacement moog tie rod and will be installing it as soon as it comes in and feel lucky I was at low speeds.

- O'fallon, MO, USA

Jan 052012

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl

While driving the vehicle at approximately 50mph, and after hitting a bump/pothole in the roadway, the vehicle began to shake violently, nearly causing a collision. The vehicle is still under extended warranty and was diagnosed by putnam Dodge in burlingame as needing the steering stabilizer replaced. On 1/12/12, I replaced the stabilizer and had the alignment checked, and again the violent shaking occurred at approximately 50 mph. Once the shaking starts it is very difficult to control the vehicle, the only way to get it to stop is to brake dramatically. In one instance, I was on an overpass and narrowly avoided a collision.

- San Mateo, CA, USA

Dec 212011

Ram 2500 8-cyl

While driving down interstate 25 in albuquerque nm I hit an expansion joint in the road and the truck began to shake violently forcing all other drivers on the road around me to scatter to avoid an accident. I immediately began to slow down and the violent shaking did not stop until I reached approx 35-40mph. I was convinced that my wheel was falling off or a major suspension component had failed but after an immediate inspection there was nothing readily identified. After a very brief search of the web it appears this is a common problem called the "death wobble" and no one appears to have been able to correct it with repairs. Below are 3 of the many you tube links I found describing the incident perfectly as it happened to me. Outside the vehicle view of death wobble: news story conerning the death wobble: interior view of the death wobble: I have only owned this vehicle for 1 year and am concerned that my family is no longer safe in this vehicle. I cannot sell this vehicle knowing that this problem is present, putting someone else in the same danger. I am more than willing to repair the issue myself but it appear that this is happening to may others with no real solutions. Someone is going to get severly injured or killed if this issue is not resolved soon as it appear to be happening to many of the Chrysler hd trucks 2003 to the present. In addition to nearly 50 complaints on the website of the same issue. Dodge needs to do the right thing and at least provide the proper engineering required to let us know how to repair the issue. NHTSA needs to issue a recall and force the hand of Chrysler to take ownership and issue the proper fix for the issue.

- Rio Rancho, NM, USA

Oct 082011

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

At highway speeds when you hit a bump in the road the front steering of the truck starts a violent shaking commonly known as the death wobble. This does not allow you to steer or control the vehicle until you slow down to 30mph. I have been ran off the road several time when this occurred, thankfully I did not hit another vehicle. Dodge is aware of the faulty design and will sell the redesigned parts to eliminate the issue for about $600. They will not warranty it unless it is installed by them. If you want "under warranty" truck repaired to fix their faulty design you will have to pay for parts and labor, about $1500 total. This is a very dangerous problem. There are several videos on youtube that show how it happens and the "death wobble" in action, search "Dodge Ram death wobble". thanks.

- Atascocita, TX, USA

Mar 052008

Ram 2500 8-cyl

Violent shaking in front suspension/steering when hitting potholes or expansion joints in roads at speeds over45 mph +/-. have to slow to near stop till it goes away. Very dangerous suprised no one is killed from this.

- New Philadelphia, PA, USA