2007 Dodge Ram 2500 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Ram 2500:

2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Oct 082011

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

At highway speeds when you hit a bump in the road the front steering of the truck starts a violent shaking commonly known as the death wobble. This does not allow you to steer or control the vehicle until you slow down to 30mph. I have been ran off the road several time when this occurred, thankfully I did not hit another vehicle. Dodge is aware of the faulty design and will sell the redesigned parts to eliminate the issue for about $600. They will not warranty it unless it is installed by them. If you want "under warranty" truck repaired to fix their faulty design you will have to pay for parts and labor, about $1500 total. This is a very dangerous problem. There are several videos on youtube that show how it happens and the "death wobble" in action, search "Dodge Ram death wobble". thanks.

- Atascocita, TX, USA

Mar 052008

Ram 2500 8-cyl

Violent shaking in front suspension/steering when hitting potholes or expansion joints in roads at speeds over45 mph +/-. have to slow to near stop till it goes away. Very dangerous suprised no one is killed from this.

- New Philadelphia, PA, USA

Sep 142011

Ram 2500 4WD 8-cyl

I purchased a used 2007 Dodge power wagon from a small dealership in may of 2011. I have been a loyale Dodge owner for many years and don't know why. Upon test driving this truck before the purchase I felt a shake in the front end. I spoke with the privious owner who indicated the tires were the issue. I took a chance a bought the truck "as is" with no warranty implied. I have researsed the Dodge "death wobble" because I knew it would just be a matter of time before I experience it. I was right. I knew that replacing parts was not the answer after reading many complaints on the web. Like a dummy, I took it in to a couple different places. I called the dealer and asked if there was a "fix" and they did not know of any. My research took me to a well known heavy duty truck shop. I told him about this issue and he was very convinsing that they could repair it. This tech/owner knew more about this problem then Dodge. Again, I took the chance I spent over $650. He had issued me a tsb from Dodge that stated replacing all 4 tie rods and doing a special allignment would cure it. Nope! since the purchace I have replace all 4 tires, steering dampner shock, all 4 tie rods, and numerious tire ballancing and allignments. I feel like an idiot. I'm doing exactly what I said I would'nt, spend big money for a known saftey issue from Dodge! my complaint is the very known "death wobble". I should have wrote when I went through Dodge transmission problems. I'm a hard working, tax paying, family man who pays his bills and so on... yes, it does boil down to getting personal. Consumers are taking the hit for so many thing. If I were to do something that was right I would do everything I could to make it right. Dodge needs to wake up and realize they have a huge saftey issue that could end many lives! please read/reserch these may complaints and make it right for the people.

- Waterloo, WI, USA

Sep 012011

Ram 2500

2007 Dodge Ram 2500 pick up truck. Consumer states vehicle violently shakes and moves back and forth the consumer stated the vehicle has a problem known as the death wobble. If a slight bump is hit in the road, the vehicle shakes back and forth violently and does not stop until the consumer slows down.

- Washington, DC, USA

Aug 252011

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl

I understand Chrysler has finally admitted to the "death wobble" 2003-2011 problem. My concern is, this has been a problem since the mid 1990 models and now we who own and maintain those models are left out and are still having the problems. It was their problem in the beginning and they refused to correct it. I, at my expense had the problem repaired in 2010 and once again the problem continues people are still driving the older models and are still at risk. A Dodge will last forever if it is taken care of, that in mind Dodge should recall all the 90's models also, it is not right. People can die in accidents involving the older vehicle. Also!!! how many accidents, that may have resulted in death have there been as a result of this problem. How many involved vehicles in the 1990 range before Dodge finally admitted to the problem. All the vehicles with a history of the problem should be recalled.

- Peyton, CO, USA

Mar 192011

Ram 2500

While traveling at interstate speeds (70+ mph), when vehicle encounters "rough road" conditions such as a sudden bump at the beginning and end of a bridge and/or rough spot in the road, vehicle begins shaking almost uncontrollably and will not cease until speed is reduced to below approximately 35 mph. Braking is also affected during this episode of malfunction.

- Gilbert, SC, USA

Feb 012011

Ram 2500

When traveling down the road and come across a bump, lift, or dip in the road the truck will violently shake. I took a road trip to Florida recently and I experienced the death wobble at 90 mph, it made me cross into the next lane then into the median. Talking about scary!I have researched this on the internet a lot and it appears the be called the "death wobble". I am very concerned with the fact that Dodge has not issued a recall for this. Why? plenty of people have the problem! its obviously a flaw in the Dodge design not being able to support the weight of the cummins diesel. I have looked into getting this 08 steering upgrade but the dealer wants $975 to fix it and can not guarantee that it will fix it.

- Franklinton, LA, USA

Jan 272011

Ram 2500

Severe wobble/shaking of front end at speeds between 50mph to 70mph, after hitting normal bumps along the highways. My truck has 55000 miles in it. Apparently it is happening to alot of Dodge 2500 diesel owners, however, Dodge is not backing up their products and says that the owners are responsible for a factory defect. I am scared to put my wife and kids in my truck for fear of something breaking in the front end and crashing. I have checked the ball joints, bearings, bushings etc and have not seen anything wrong to indicate why this is happening. Hopefully with enough complaints Dodge will issue a safety recall and fix this problem before it costs someone their life.

- Sherwood, AR, USA

Oct 282010

Ram 2500 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad (na). The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 07E009000 (suspension) and took the vehicle to the dealer where they repaired the front end linkage. Approximately one year later, the contact was attempting to pull out of the driveway when she heard a loud noise and noticed that the front right passenger tie rod was fractured in two. The vehicle was taken to the dealer again where they replaced the steering linkage and tire rod. The contact informed the manufacturer who was unable to offer any assistance. The current mileages were approximately 30,500. The failure mileages were approximately 18,000. Updated 3/2/2011 updated 04/04/11

- Cranford, NJ, USA

Jul 182010

Ram 2500

I had me and my kids in my truck and had a bad wobble in the front end of my truck we almost lost control of the vehicle. This is the third time its happened if you hit a bump it will mack your vehicle shake out of control. I had multiple new parts on the front end replaced and it still does it. I'm afraid to drive my truck for any distances because of the problem. When it happens you don't know if your going to go in the ditch or into on coming traffic before you can slow down to get to the side of the road. I've herd this called the death wobble and on the internet search hundreds of people are having the same problem.

- Ferron, UT, USA

Jul 102005

Ram 2500

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact stated when she drove over a bump in the road or any uneven surface at approximately 35 mph, the front tires would vibrate. The front end of the vehicle would also shake excessively with a loud noise. The dealer stated that the stabilizer kit needed to be replaced at the contacts expense. The manufacturer was not contacted. The VIN was unavailable. The failure mileage was 1,000 and the current mileage was 44,000.

- Pinesdale, MT, USA

Jun 142009

Ram 2500

I currently operate a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 that experiences the "death wobble". when traveling +60mph and hit a bump/pothole/overpass the vehicle will begin to shake violently until stopping in the emergency lane. This happened for the first time at 52,300 miles and continues to occur. The vehicle is owned and operated by the federal government. The vehicle has been taken to a mechanic and could find nothing wrong with the equipment. It would be wise for Dodge, ntsb, and NHTSA to issue a recall for this vehicle. It would not take much for a severe accident to occur. I experienced the wobble while traveling 70 mph on the interstate with a semi on my right and one behind me. It was very difficult to navigate to the emergency lane without striking a truck. A recall or part that needs replacing would help the +45 complaints repair the vehicle. This is not safe and demonstrates negligence on Dodge, NHTSA and ntsb.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

May 012010

Ram 2500 4WD

I own a 2007 Dodge Ram 4X4 2500, I have been experiencing "death wobble" I took the truck to the dealer for the H46 recall to upgrade steering to 08.5 year but the dealer just looked under the truck and said it was ok, I explained the "death wobble" and was told that they would not do any type of warranty work for "death wobble" I continued to tell them that this happens every time I hit a bump in the road and almost have to come to a complete stop before the problem will stop. I left the dealer with no fix to my problem.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Apr 012010

Ram 2500

The vehicle has a violent death wobble at speed when hitting bumps in the road. It has since I have owned it. The truck only has 33,000 miles on it currently. Has been to the dealership numerous times for repair with no fix.

- Logan, OH, USA

Jan 192010

Ram 2500 Diesel

I purchased a used 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 5.9 liter diesel with 52,523 miles from a dealer on 1/18/10. The truck has no prior damage or repairs per carfax and the dealer info. I am experiencing front end harmonic wheel hop and shake at highway speeds of approx 50-70mph. This wheel shake occurs whenever the truck runs over an irregular road surface, pothole or bridge to road drop. I have researched on line forums and have read numerous complaints by other Dodge truck owners which are experiencing this same condition known as a "death wobble". I took the truck in to a Dodge dealer who performed a Dodge recall. They replaced the pitman arm and lower link as prescribed. Unfortunately this did not repair the problem at all. The truck still has this condition and I have experienced an unsafe driving condition due to this front in harmonic steering fault.

- Pelham, AL, USA

Jan 192010

Ram 2500

As I was driving about 70mph on the freeway, I hit a small bump where the bridge connects to the freeway. My truck immediately started shaking violently, and I had no control of the steering. I slowed, put on my hazards, and began pulling to the right as I gained control. I had thought it was a flat tire. It corrected itself as I slowed, so I began to pick up speed again slowly. At that moment I hit the bump that connected the departure part of the bridge to the freeway, and the shaking continued. This time I drifted with my hazards on into the right shoulder. This event was terrifying, as I had my wife and 3 year old daughter with me in the car. I was afraid for their safety and everyone around us on the road. Once I got home, I immediately called the dealership and made an appointment to take the truck in. Apparently they have known about this for some time now, because they notified me there was a flyer they received that stated this could happen to Dodge trucks, and they knew what to look for.

- Corona, CA, USA

Nov 292009

Ram 2500

I own a 2007 Dodge 2500 mega cab and have now experienced the so called Dodge "death-wobble" on 3 separate occasions in the last 2 months. Traveling at highway speeds whether a smooth road or if I hit a small pothole the truck begins shaking violently and does not stop until speed is reduced significantly (under 30 mph). I have researched the issue via the web and have seen a news report of this happening to others with the newer models of the Dodge Ram series. I currently have the vehicle scheduled for inspection (2 Dec 09) with the dealer for possible repairs but wanted to submit a complaint as I believe this is happening to many other motorists as reported by wsoc in charlotte nc. I only knew of contacting the NHTSA because of the news report I found. This reoccuring situation if not corrected is a safety issue which if not corrected is an "extreme" danger to all motorists on the road.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Nov 072009

Death wobble.

- Rio Rancho, NM, USA

May 012009

Ram 2500 Diesel

2007 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 diesel when I drive around 55 mph and hit a bump my truck starts to shake very harsh until I slow to about 35mph. This happens ever time I go over 50mph. Dodge dealer seems to not care about the problem. This could very easily lead to an accident.

- Huntington Beach , CA, USA

Apr 142008

Ram 2500 Diesel

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500. The consumer stated the problem started a year ago with the turbo, and the check engine light coming on. Also the accelerator would open up to full throttle without any control, unless he cut the engine off. At times the gas pedal would not move at all. The rear brakes locked up and the ABS failed. The vehicle pulled to the right, due to the alignment being out of specification. The failure mileage was 12,000 and current mileage was 22,400. Updated 04-28-09 the transmission would not go into overdrive. There were times when the vehicle had to hunt for gears and the indicator would disappear on the dash. Updated 04/29/09.

- Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA