8.0

1996 Dodge Ram 3500 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Dodge Ram 3500:

1996 Dodge Ram 3500 Owner Comments

Aug 012006

Ram 3500 Diesel 3500 Diesel

THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE IGNITION TURNED OFF, IF THE TRANNY REMAINS IN REVERSE (5 SPEED STANDARD) THE REVERSE LIGHTS STAY ON AND IT KILLS THE BATTERY. THE BLOWER MOTOR DOES THE SAME THING. IF I FORGET TO TAKE IT OUT OF REVERSE OR LEAVE THE BLOWER MOTOR ON IT KILLS THE BATTERY. I CHANGED THE IGNITION SWITCH HOWEVER THAT DID NOT FIX THE PROBLEM. THE TRUCK IS A 1996 DODGE RAM DIESEL 3500 5 SPEED. HAS ANYONE ELSE SEEN THIS PROBLEM? BY THE WAY, THIS IS ONLY ONE OF THE MANY PROBLEMS I HAVE HAD WITH THIS PIECE OF SH*T THAT I BOUGHT NEW IN 1996. I WAS A DODGE LOVER MY WHOLE LIFE ... THIS IS MY LAST ONE, I WOULD NEVER BUY ANOTHER DODGE.

- , Granby, MA, USA