1. replace pump (2 reports)
2002 Dodge Ram 3500 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Dodge Ram 3500:

2002 Dodge Ram 3500 Owner Comments

Dec 012011

Ram 3500 5.9L Cummins

There was no warning. I stopped at a red light, started to go right on red, the truck moved about 10 feet and then wouldn't go more than about 5 miles per hour. I made an appointment at Walley Armour to have it looked at. When I took it in, just as I pulled in, it started working again. I told the service manager what happened, he wrote down, loss of power.

They had the truck for 2 days. I called because I needed it. They said they couldn't find anything wrong so I went to get it. They charged me $85.00 to look at it, it should have been under warranty. I was upset about it and I told them so. I got in the truck, went to leave, and guess what, it wouldn't go again, talk about frustrating.

I then took it to a shop which works on large trucks, they said the problem was the injector pump. A small electrical part in the pump would intermittently fail causing the problem. It cost me $1,400 00 to fix it, should have been warranted.

- , Alliance, OH, USA

Oct 012012

Ram 3500 5.9L

truck hard to start had to replace lift pump and starter now injector pump

- , Hartford, AL, USA