2.1

2003 Dodge Ram 3500 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 3500:

2003 Dodge Ram 3500 Owner Comments

Sep 012011

Ram 3500

Dash board starting breaking apart voluntarily several years ago and has been getting continuously worse to the point that entire dash has crumbled.. dash board pieces are hard sharp plastic material and could come back and injure someone in the event of an accident. Dodge dealerships state that all Ram trucks have this problem but no recall has been issued.

- Aragon, GA, USA

Aug 152008

Ram 3500

Safety issue 1..interior dash board first cracked, then cracked all over, then finally fell apart. The safety issue is pieces of the dash made up of plastic is breaking up in large sharp chunks when a bump in the road is encountered or jarring occurs. When going over a rr track a 5" jagged piece broke off and a small shard hit me in the eye. This issue is way more than cosmetic. I am the original owner and the dealer will not take any responsibility for this defective product. Safety issue 2.. air bag light has been on for several years and intermittent. I received an air bag recall and I took the truck to the dealer for corrective action. After so called fix, the warning light was off for 1 day then came back on. The dealer states the recall has nothing to do with the warning lights. Now I have a current 2nd air bag recall. I took the vehicle to the dealer, but they state they don't have the parts and will contact me. Its been months ago and still no part. Again they say air bag warning light is not related. Safety issue 3... brake light warning and ABS warning stays on all the time. Paid $100 for them to troubleshoot and they say its a sensor on the rt front ABS. I feel this is another safety issue.

- Lake City, FL, USA

Jul 012013

Ram 3500

The front top dash is cracking in several pieces

- Coaling , AL, USA

Apr 162014

Ram 3500

Noticed the dashboard had a small crack in it, used a dash protector mat and when I took it off to clean the entire dashboard was cracked into pieces. This dashboard looks worse than a jigsaw puzzle. While driving down the road pieces just break off and fall into the dash!

- Newton, NC, USA

Sep 162005

Ram 3500

The dash in my 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 has cracked in two places. The truck had 95,602 miles at the time. Low mileage for the model but I only live 3 miles from my job. I use a sunscreen when the truck is not in use and I do not believe this is sun damage. Now little pieces of plastic, foam and fiber looking material are being spewed from air vents. I think it is from the deterioration of the dash. I feel that Chrysler should replace this dash as the deterioration is through no fault of mine as I have given reasonable care to the truck. I also fear that if I am involved in an accident where the airbags deploy, I or my passengers could be injured or killed by the damaged dash flying into shrapnel.

- Englewood, TN, USA

May 012009

Ram 3500

Failed components= driver and passenger sunvisor drivers side sunvisor fails to remain in the fully upright position when passing over a bump, resulting in reduced forward visibility and distraction to driver. Subsequent failure of passenger side sunvisor results in decreased visibility to drivers right. Investigation through Dodge truck websites reveal this problem experienced by others and that Dodge redesigned the sunvisor in 2005 model year. There is no available repair, just a full replacement of sunvisors at a cost of up to $150 (parts/labor) as documented on Dodge truck websites. Sunvisors on subject vehicle are now secured via safety pins and velcro strips to prevent accidental visor movement.

- Lake Wales, FL, USA

May 012009

- Lake Wales, FL, USA

May 012010

Ram 3500 4WD 6-cyl

My 2003 Dodge 3500 trucks dash board is broken/cracked in several places. I have reported it to Dodge and they have offered to replace it with a $1000 co-pay. This is a wide spread problem and I believe dangerous as broken parts can become dis-lodged during a collision and caught by the air bags. Please keep on Dodge to do the right thing here. I would be willing to help with the costs but $1000 is to much!

- Clayton, CA, USA

May 202007

Ram 3500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

1. our dashboard has cracked after not using the truck for several weeks we noticed during a trip since then the crack has gotten bigger in less then 48 hours. 2. I've read that this can cause electrical issues and we have had our ac quit working for a little while since the crack was notice 3. so, far nothing has been done. I have E-mail the dealership and Dodge and so far not much is being said. I have notice that the main Dodge that are cracking are 01 but mine is newer it is an 03 I can't think what it will look like in 2 years.

- Hazel Green, AL, USA

Dec 012006

Ram 3500

Even though I have taken care of my vehicle, the dashboard has several cracks in it. The dealership will not help me. They say I must purchase a new dashboard for about $700. I have other friends with the same type of vehicle and they also have cracks. Shouldn't there be a recall? my dad's 93 Chevy is fine.

- Richmond, TX, USA