2004 Dodge Ram 3500 exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 3500:

2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Owner Comments

Mar 152004

Ram 3500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

There is an exhaust leak coming through the air vents when the HVAC fan is turned on. I was a little dizzy & had a headache last night after a long drive back home from North Florida. After talking to a physician about my condition, he felt that the cause was most certainly carbon monoxide poisoning. I have mentioned this problem to the dealership & they have been unresponsive. They say that they have never heard of this problem before & there is no fix. I've researched the internet & found many others that have experienced a similar problem so I know I'm not alone. There is even one gentlemen that believes he has the fix. Apparently Dodge didn't cover some of the holes between the engine compartment & were the HVAC system draws fresh air for the cab. I will attempt this fix but still wanted to make an official report of this issue in the event something happens to me or the vehicle as a result of this problem.

- Orlando, FL, USA