7.8

2014 Ford C-Max Energi electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford C-Max Energi:

2014 Ford C-Max Energi Owner Comments

Aug 062015

C-Max Energi

The contact owns a 2014 Ford C-max energi. The contact stated that the vehicle was plugged in and recharging in the garage. Two hours later, an extensive fire erupted from the charge cord. The fire department was able to extinguish the flames. The dealer tested the vehicle and stated that the charge cord overheated. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and sent a technician, but was not able to determine the specific cause of the failure. The vehicle was inspected by a dealer and the insurance adjuster. The cosmetic damages were repaired, but the contact was unable to determine if the failure would recur. The VIN and failure mileage were not available.

- Palm City, FL, USA

Jun 182016

C-Max Energi

The charge housing cap fell off. Dealer says it affects the charging capacity $500 cheap crap!!!! it did not even last 2-years!!!! how can U abuse it when all U do is push a button!! never more... a Ford!!!

Jun 202016

C-Max Energi

We get a "fault in charging" error message when we try to charge the vehicle

Mar 132016

C-Max Energi

Unable to turn off car with keyless ignition. Computer seemed to think car was off and wouldn't let me turn it on because it thought it was plugged in (which it was not) and the engine was running and I couldn't turn it off.

- Dover, DE, USA

Oct 102015

C-Max Energi

While driving on the highway (about 1/2 way through a 6-hour highway trip), the "stop safely" warning light and accompanying beeps started and the engine cut out completely. I had to later look up in the manual what the orange triangle warning symbol meant. We pulled over to the side of the road, put it in park, and it restarted immediately and was fine for the rest of the journey. I ran the cars "vehicle health report", which did not find any problems. I took it to the dealer and they were unable to duplicate the issue and found nothing wrong with it. They indicated they consulted with Ford, who was unable to provide suggestions. While this is a different model, I did notice online that the Focus electric had a recall for this same issue. I suggested to the dealer they check if this could be the same problem showing up in a different model (I have no idea if they share the parts that caused the Focus electric problem), but they reacted like that suggestion made no sense, so I let it drop. I have had the car 7 months (bought new) and this is the only time that the problem has occurred, but if it had happened 20 minutes earlier when we were in heavy traffic in the middle lane it could have been incredibly dangerous. After having the car 4 days, the dealer did offer to keep the car longer and drive it to see if it happened again, but I opted to pick up the car.

- Burlington, VT, USA

Dec 032014

C-Max Energi 4-cyl

The car has 2-4 connections for a cell phone and the usb connections are located in the center consul and when it is used it connects to the display monitor on the dash. But when it is used for a cell phone the cell phone will not charged at any rate. The cell phone goes completely dead and it is no longer a part of the car/phone system. I tried using different types of charging cords and I have an iphone 5S. I even turn-off the phone to get it to charge but nothing works. I have to connect the phone to the back seat plug which is very inconvenient. I took the car to get check and the technician initially said the usc was ok, but when I had him use my cell with no aps open he did verified that the phone did not charge and the power depleted. He said he would get back to me after he contacts someone for further guidance.

Sep 242014

C-Max Energi 4-cyl

After rain, the sensor warning on my car went off almost continuously. There were no warning signs on the dashboard, and I ran a vehicle diagnostic test that claimed everything to be fine. I tried using my car hours later (by this time my car was dry and had been parked in an indoor garage). When putting the car into reverse or drive the loud warning sound again went off. Sometimes it is a continuous sound, other times it starts when I come to a stop at a red light or stop sign (even when there are no cars or anything nearby my car to would set the sensors off). The longest time the warning sound went off continuously was for a 30 minute. However, the sensor warning went off (on and off) throughout a 2 hour drive. There are a variety of speeds at which this has happened- when the car is not moving (putting it in reverse or drive), when slowing down to a stop from about 35mph, driving on the highway with no car nearby at 45-55mph. I have had my car for a month now, with 350 miles on it now. It is currently in the shop, but they could not get the car to reproduce the sensor warning sound or figure out which sensor or sensors are bad.

- White Plains, NY, USA