1996 Ford Contour electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Ford Contour:

1996 Ford Contour Owner Comments

Mar 012013

Contour GL 2.0L 4 cyl

I was driving my car to work one day until the car acted like it was having transmission problems. then the car radio dies, then the speedometer quits working, then the heat temperature gauge quits working, and the car just dies. I replaced the battery and alternator and the problem stays the same. Now the air conditioner and wipers do not work because of he problem. The wire covers on the wiring for the engine are peeling off from the fuse box to the battery. The car has 127,404 miles. I taped the wires and the problem is still happening. When I turn on the headlights the car bogs down but not when I turn on the orange lights the car doesnt bog down.

- , Scio, OR, USA