- April 24: Ford Recalls 390,000 Cars After 658 Door Latch Complaints
- April 13: Ford Ordered to Pay $3 Million in Crash of 2001 Ford Ranger
- April 7: Government Petitioned To Investigate Ford SUV Recall
- April 5: Do Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Headlights Fail?
- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
1997 Ford Contour
Worst 1997 Contour engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- check engine light comes on3
- engine pulleys have no timing marks1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline12
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine7
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Contour Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Contour compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Contour overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Contour.