- August 17: Ford Recalls 160,000 Escape and Focus ST Vehicles For Erratic Engines
- August 14: Ford Recalls 83,000 Vehicles Because of One Small C-Clip
- August 8: Ford Recalls Vans and SUVs for Leaking Brake Fluid and Bubbly Windshields
- July 17: Ford Lawsuit Claims Steering Defects in Ford Fusion and Focus Cars
- July 12: Investigation Looks at Steering Problems in 500,000 Ford Cars
1997 Ford Contour
Worst 1997 Contour engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- check engine light comes on3
- engine pulleys have no timing marks1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline12
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine7
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling3
- NHTSA: Engine2
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Contour Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Contour compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Contour overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Contour.