$1,500.00

1. having valves replaced and rebuild engine (1 reports)
1998 Ford Contour engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Contour:

1998 Ford Contour Owner Comments

Oct 032007

Contour 3.2L

I noticed that when I drove, it would sometimes shut of at stop signs or when I was going slow. I also noted that it did it more in the rain. What I didn't know is that it was the timing belt slipping slightly.

This is just a warning to all of you out there that owns a car with a timing belt!!! Have it checked!!! It would have cost only $200 to replace the belt had I known that it needed it. Now it is costing $1,500 because when it breaks, it sends the valves through the motor.

- , Collins, GA, USA