6.9

1998 Ford Contour lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Contour:

1998 Ford Contour Owner Comments

Sep 012003

Contour 4-cyl

Constant problems with the vehicle. Alternator, fuel tank, gear shift indicator, computer sensor's (variable cam timing over retarded), automatic shift labored and fails, cooling fan motor, etc. This vehicle is in some form of repair shop on a regular basis. Have I driven a Ford lately? yes, and sorry I chose to do so.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Feb 282002

Contour

I know a couple of people who have had experienced the same problems with their Contour as I have. I bought this car through a private party and took out an extended warranty through my credit union. The transmission was covered but the signals and the shifter lever was not costing me hundreds of dollars. How many complaints does it take until the manufacturer is forced to recall the parts. I read the comments on the transmissions and it is amazing that everyone is experiencing the same thing, it goes out without warning.

- Sun Valley, CA, USA