5.0

1998 Ford Contour seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Contour:

1998 Ford Contour Owner Comments

Feb 042008

Contour LX 4.0L

My air bag light blinks 4 times then a short pause then 2 times. It does this each and every time I think it may be a code it never changes. I am trying to access information about this as I live on a very tight budget and cannot afford the expense of taking this to a dealer. I have someone in my family that works on their personal cars and I am trying to find out if this is a code and how to fix it. I have 2 children and I would hate to think of what would happen if we got into a crash and our airbags did not deploy. My car has to be inspected the end of February and I'm not quite sure what to do.

- , Auburn, NY, USA

Sep 112007

Contour GL

air bag light blinks on and off

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA