9.3

$1,800.00

1. rebuild transmission (2 reports)
1998 Ford Contour transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Contour:

1998 Ford Contour Owner Comments

Apr 112007

Contour LX 4 cyl

You can't fix broken. I'm off to buy foreign from now on...

- , Granite City, IL, USA

Jan 032007

Contour SE 2L V4

I have fixed everything on that damn car down to the wheel bearings, breaks, timing belt, even all the sensors. It cost me almost $800.00 to fix the timing belt and the transmission went out 2 days later!

- , West Des Moines, IA, USA

Dec 092005

Contour LX

I AM VERY UPSET IT ALL STARTED AT ONCE. I HEARD A SQUEEKING NOISE FROM MAYBE A BELT. THEN THE CAR WOULD NOT STAY IN GEAR. I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS CAR TO ANYONE WHO NEEDS TO GET TO POINT A TO B. I GOT IT USED AND IS STILL NOT PAID OFF AND UNABLE TO DRIVE. I AM EVEN ON DIALYSIS WHICH I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GO TO THE LAST 2 TREATMENTS. PLEASE HELP ME OUT AND NO ONE GET A CAR LIKE THIS NEW OR USED!

- , welcome, MD, USA