6.0

1. replace motor mounts (1 reports)
2000 Ford Contour engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Contour:

2000 Ford Contour Owner Comments

Jun 012009

Contour SE 2.0L

My car had 60,000 miles the first time we showed an issue with the motor mounts. This one was simple. The bolt to the passenger side mount snapped in half. At first the mechanic said we had to replace the entire mount. I went and purchased one at the ford dealer but noticed it looked exactly like what was on, just missing a bolt. So the dealer took a look and said I just needed the bolt. The bolt alone cost me $13 but this was cheaper than the $58 for the mount. My grandpa was able to fix this by placing a jack under my engine to support the weight while inserting new bolt.

Since then I have had two different mounts go out. These are different ones that was not listed above. I have not replaced them. The price on these are $60-125 each. Since it is the one on the driver side, it makes my engine rock back when accelerated. These has caused the motor to break a total of 4 vacuum hoses that feed into the brake booster. This is a huge safety concern when driving down the road and your brakes go out. I keep replacing the hoses but they are now $30 a piece. I will be replacing the motor mounts soon.

- , Burkburnet, TX, USA