0.8

2002 Ford E-350 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford E-350:

2002 Ford E-350 Owner Comments

Aug 012015

E-350

While traveling on an interstate highway, the van started showing symptoms of fuel starvation and with the family and a semi on my bumper things got quite hairy and started and argument with my wife! I exited the highway and put clean diesel fuel and fuel additive to get me back home; this did not work as the van acted up again several miles down the road. After stopping and starting numerous times on a side street, I got to a place where I could change the fuel filter; I noticed that it was full of rust and aluminum flakes. The van would not move any further, I had to trailer it home, the next day. Upon further investigation, I discovered that the aluminum coating the fuel take had come off and was plugging up the fuel pickup, emergency valve and the filter. You can do an internet search and find were this is a common problem with Ford. If I would have known about it I would have performed preventive maintenance on the fuel tank and filters. Very dangerous and expensive to repair when it is to late.....

- Marshall, VA, USA