9.2

1. helicoil installed (3 reports)
  2. helicoil (2 reports)
  4. replace heads (1 reports)
2003 Ford E-350 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford E-350:

2003 Ford E-350 Owner Comments

May 182015

E-350 VAN

Same spark plug blew out again after the fix. This is the 2nd spark plug I had to fix.

- , North Royalton, OH, USA

Jan 022014

E-350 V10

Second time this has happened! You would think Ford has enough experience to not have a spark plug come out!!

Apr 082013

E-350 V10

On a trip and had to tow back home. Ruined vacation. Scared me to death as a fairly loud bang occurred and then a horrible engine noise continued. Had no idea what went wrong. Started smelling fumes right away even before I could pull over.

Sep 152014

E-350 V10

NO WAY. I have spent over $2500 on repairing spark plugs that have been spit out of the engine and NOT ONCE was I within a 100 miles of home!

This is definitely a FORD Problem, but when I called the local dealer he acted like it was the first time he ever heard about the problem. Blamed it on bad maintenance and whoever put the plugs in last. THAT WAS FORD!!!!!!!!!

Jul 082014

E-350 V10

OK. Once was BAD enough. The second time was ridiculous! Three times, you gotta be kidding me. Did I get a lemon?

Dec 312014

E-350 XLT V10

This is the second plug and on a different cylinder

- , Juneau, AK, USA

Dec 302013

E-350 XLT V10

Should not have happened and seems to be poor manufacturing

- , Juneau, AK, USA

Jun 182011

E-350 SD 5.4L

I am the owner of a fleet of Ford Vans used for medical transportation and it is very imperative that my vehicles are running. I maintain them regularly to ensure best reliability for my crucial business. Alot of my clients are dialysis clients who daily transportation to the their crucially needed medical care. I have had this problem with spark plug blowout on 2 of my vehicles and has cost me time, loss of income and enormous cost of repair on account of this fatal ford design flaw. Ford should extend the basic warranty to cover the expenses needed for this ridiculous repair flaw. The dealer charges upwards of 3-4000k to repair this issue. I will not buy another Ford again as they are unfortunately money pits.

- , MEDFORD, NY, USA