2008 Ford Escape Hybrid suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid:

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid Owner Comments

May 152015

Escape Hybrid

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Escape hybrid. While driving at various speeds, the steering wheel shook without warning. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact stated that the brake pedal was depressed and the ABS warning indicator illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failures. The failure mileage was approximately 134,000.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Aug 022014

Escape Hybrid 4WD 4-cyl

I had my 2008 Ford Escape hybrid serviced at koons Ford after receiving safety recall 14S05 from Ford Motor Company. The recall is to repair a potential safety issue related to the electric power steering system. After receiving the repair to correct the issue in safety recall notice 14so5, my vehicle developed steering / suspension problems. At highway speeds the steering on the Ford escape is now very sensitive causing the vehicle to feel unsteady at times. (if feels like it is swaying slightly from side to side.) we first noticed the issue within a week of having the repair done. As we caravanned to our summer vacation, my wife was driving behind me on the highway. At a rest stop she asked if I was tired and having trouble driving. She informed that from her vantage point it looked like the car was swerving. I was well rested and shared with her that it also felt as though the steering / suspension was loose. We have also noticed, at low speeds, that the steering wheel has more play to it now.

- Washington , DC, USA