2009 Ford Escape Hybrid accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid:

2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Owner Comments

Sep 112009

Escape Hybrid

On September 11, 2009 I was involved in a rear-end collision. I was hit from behind by a towing truck while I was stopped at a red light. I spun around and went into the intersection. There was significant damage to my vehicle, a 2009 Ford Escape hybrid. Upon inspection I noted that the back of the front driver's seat (the one I was sitting in) had collapsed backward so that the back and headrest were laying down and in the back (still attached to the seat however). I was alarmed as if I had someone in the back behind me they would have sustained serious injury if not death. I was alone however and sustained some aches and pains including a neck injury. I do not know whether the vehicle will be totaled yet. I do not know if I will have ongoing neck issues. I assume the back of one's seat is to remain upright in a vehicle crash. I looked on line and this seems to be a defect in my Ford.

- Portland, OR, USA