- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 6 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 18 days ago
- December 27: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan ABS Problems Investigated investigations | 23 days ago
- December 21: Ford Recalls 9,400 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 29 days ago
- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 48 days ago
1997 Ford Escort
Worst 1997 Escort steering Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- NHTSA: Steering: Linkages: Tie Rod Assembly12
- NHTSA: Steering: Wheel And Handle Bar4
- NHTSA: Steering: Gear Box (Other Than Rack And Pinion)3
- NHTSA: Steering: Column Locking: Anti-Theft Device2
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist System2
- NHTSA: Steering: Linkages2
- NHTSA: Steering1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escort Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Escort compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escort overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escort.