5.3

1998 Ford Escort AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Escort:

1998 Ford Escort Owner Comments

Apr 022008

Escort ZX2 2.3L

Heater fan quit. Discovered a very thin plastic wire with a plastic connector that had melted, dangling below the fan housing under the glovey. Fan came on one time when I jiggled the wire attached to a nut on the housing, but it quit soon thereafter.

- , Waldport, OR, USA

Jan 082008

Escort ZX2 2.0L I4

Recently my blower motor quit working. My buddy accidentally hit the panel below the glove compartment and a blue spark shot out and now when it quits I just hit the panel under there to get it going again.

- , Whiteman A.F.B., MO, USA

Feb 052007

Escort ZX2 1.9L 4 cyl

Fan motor stopped running... now runs only intermittently. No pattern to the failure. It starts/stops at any time (with the control in one of the "ON" positions) whether driving or sitting still so that would seem to rule out a loose connection being jarred in and out of contact.

Quite often the fan will come on when the ignition is turned on and then stop immediately. Sometimes it will run for several minutes or even an hour or two before stopping.

- , Visalia, CA, USA