$3,600.00

1. new engine (1 reports)
1998 Ford Escort engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Escort:

1998 Ford Escort Owner Comments

Apr 212011

Escort LS 2.0L

I'll never buy another FORD vehicle in my life! This damn unit has had 2 motor repairs and now it burned the engine control module. I give it adequate maintenance and very little mileage as I work less than a mile away from home. No excuses for such bad performance.

- , Mayaguez, mayaguez, Puerto Rico

Aug 192007

Escort LX V4

I BOUGHT THE CAR FROM A USED DEALERSHIP. THOUGHT I WAS BEING TREATED GOOD. BUT COME TO FIND OUT THAT THEY LIED TO ME FROM THE START. I ONLY DROVE THE CAR FOR 5 MONTHS, THEN MY MOTOR BLEW!!!! LOST COMPRESSION IN VALVE. THIS WAS SUCH A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE, SINCE THIS WAS MY FIRST CAR I'VE EVER BOUGHT. SO IF YOU LIVE IN BREMERTON, WA, DON'T EVER BUY A VEHICLE FROM SHANNONS AUTO SALES!!!! THEY WILL LIE AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU.

- , Bremerton, WA, USA