2. replace oil sender switch (1 reports)
1998 Ford Escort engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Escort:

1998 Ford Escort Owner Comments

Jun 292015

Escort V4

I am very blessed!!! My brother is a mechanic and he found the leak and fixed it.

The leak was horrible. Always had to check the oil before using the car. Always had to carry oil in the car, adding .... 3 or 4 quarts per week

PLUS engine Stop Leak two times! He said it was coming from the Oil Sender Switch at the back of the engine. (hard to tell because oil was everywhere - leaking so much, you know)

I hope this helps!!! Yay! No more leaks for my car! No more having to add oil! It's wonderful!

- , Cleveland, TN, USA

Jul 182007

Escort SE Ford Induction 2000

I really don't like my car, fords in general, they just aren't put together well. I have had many problems with me car, one that really bugs me is how it leaks or burns oil. I have to put about a quart of oil in my car every 2 weeks to a month, yeah! its bad!

- , Sandy City, UT, USA

Feb 052007

Escort ZX2 1.9L 4 cyl

Heavy leakage from somewhere at the front of the engine. Appears to be in the area where the pan joins the block, possibly a crankshaft seal. Leakage started about a year ago at roughly 90,000 miles and has steadily gotten worse. Now having to add roughly a quart of oil every 8-10 days and the car is currently only driven about 500 miles a month. I have seen reports of other Escort owners having this problem and most of them seem to start at about 90,000 miles also.

- , Visalia, CA, USA

Feb 102003

Escort ES

No car problems before until now. no oil on the stick and oil on the ground....

- , Newport News, VA, USA