8.0

2. replaced master brake cylinder (1 reports)
1999 Ford Escort brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Escort:

1999 Ford Escort Owner Comments

Nov 052007

Escort Alpha 1.6L

Although the car had a mere 35000 miles, the brake pads/discs are worn out. Ford is refusing to replace these defective components despite the low mileage. In my view, these components had manufacturing or assembly defects.

- , Kolkata, WB, India

Oct 262001

Escort ZX2

I went to stop and went straight though an intersection. I almost got hit. I was pissed and scared at the same time. Luckly it was still covered under warrenty. After they replaced it, I still had problems with my brakes. They had to bleed them several times, and I still have clicking noise which I have found out that this is another problem which has been made into a technical bulletin.

- , Port Orchard, WA, USA