6.0

1999 Ford Escort transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Escort:

1999 Ford Escort Owner Comments

Oct 252010

Escort 2.0L

The jerking is a noticeable loss of power, like something slips in the transmission. I cannot tell if transmission or maybe engine, but if I drop it back into "D" and not "OD", the problem goes away although the rpm's soar and burn lots of gas. I feel like it happens about 48 mph, but the "OD" gear never gets going and I feel as though I must continually punch the pedal to get the car moving.

- , Fayetteville, NC, USA