1. replace relay (1 reports)
2001 Ford Escort AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Escort:

2001 Ford Escort Owner Comments

Aug 192005

Escort SE 2.0L

This relay is in a box with all kinds of other relays and control circuitry. This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. A horn relay and all other relays should stand by themselves. I've replaced AC clutch relays myself for as little as $4. This is just another example of developing ways to help unskilled labor at the factory and repair shops build and fix things while gouging the customer. If it goes out again, I'll run a wire from a switch and engage the relay when I need it. Hopefully I can sell the car soon. No more Fords.

- , Tempe, AZ, USA