2002 Ford Excursion wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Excursion:

2002 Ford Excursion Owner Comments

Apr 042004

Excursion 4WD 8-cyl

4/4/04 I rec'd a flat ti, E told it was irreparable since air was seeping out of the sidewall. 4/5/04, I receive letter from Firestone/Ford reagrding tire recall on my 2002 Ford Excursion.. 4/6/04 I phone 3 Ford dealerships and 5 Firestone stores trying to locate replaceable tires. Told they had no idea when tires would be avail. I called Ford Corp., they blame Firestone, call Firestone hotline, they blame Ford. Ford Corp- keisha, cust. Service told me to - drive as little as possible, wear my seat belt, ck air in tires and drive under the speed limit. 4/6/04 I ordered 5 new recommended B.F. goodrich tires fromjim babbitt Ford, flagstaff, AZ. I ck each wk on order. Still have no idea when tires will be in. Called Ford Corp., cust service -charmaine today & was told "it is not Ford problem", even though the replacement tires were advised & ordered thru Ford. Ford certainly does not take this tire replacmeent seriously nor cares !! meanwhile I am driving with no spare due to a faulty tire already !

- Flagstaff, AZ, USA

Sep 202003

Excursion 10-cyl

Our Firestone tires are falling apart near the lettering on the sidewalls. We first noticed it on a trip to Chicago. They are Firestone steelteck R4S.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Feb 252003

I had a tire inside wall failure with a Firestone tire on my Excursion. There was about 22000 miles on them when the blowout occurred. No inuries but it happened at freeway speed and I could have lost control. Report was made a state trooper who came on scene.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

May 302003

Excursion 4WD 8-cyl

Freeway driving at 65 mph when no apparent reason rear left tire blowout. Further investagation found the tire had sidewall peeled away and the tread was wrapped around the axle. Not before doing damage to rear quarter panel and parking brake cable. Full tread separation.

- Rosamond, CA, USA

Apr 102003

While driving the front tires sidewall separated (size#2657516) please provide the dot#.

- Hialeah, FL, USA