2002 Ford Excursion wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Excursion:

2002 Ford Excursion Owner Comments

May 012006

Lost control of vehicle resulting in rollover crash. Exact defect uncertain (happened very quickly) but probably right rear wheel locked with inability to steer vehicle as result. Also, several month history of difficulty with brakes for months with identifiable cause despite 4 visits to Ford mechanics.

- Salisbury, MD, USA

Apr 082003

Excursion 4WD 8-cyl Diesel

At 50,000 miles, about one year agothere was a load screeching sound coming from the front end of my vehicle and the stering began to fail and the car began to weave. I was driving approximately 70 mph on highway 93 30 miles North of wickenburg, AZ. By the time I got my car stopped the the left front wheel was smoking and extremely hot. I had the vehicle towed to sanderson Ford and had to replace the axle spindle, wheel bearing, hub and wheel. Ford told me this was not under any warranty or recall. I have my vehicle again at sanderson Ford in glendale, AZ with a front end noise and I find that the same problem is now on the right wheel and everything needs to be replaced due to a bad bearing and scored spindle. Concidentally one of my customers came in who has a 2002 Ford F-350 and when I told him about my problem he advised that he has had the same problem on his vehicle. His name is jim smith at 602-432-8115, if you wish to verify this. I feel this is an extremely serious condition as the likelihood is high that the wheel could come off and cause a serious accident resulting in death or injury.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA