2004 Ford Excursion brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Excursion:

2004 Ford Excursion Owner Comments

Nov 092004

Excursion 4WD 8-cyl Diesel

I had a 1998 Expedition before buying my 2004 excurion, and I could not keep brakes on the Expedition. When shopping for the Excursion I made it a point to ask if the brakes were more heavy duty due to my problems on the expecition. I was mislead to believe that the ton framework would translate into more heavy duty brake systems. I had my Excursion in for service at 20K and requested my brakes be examined when my tires are rotated. I picked the vehicle up to find the tires were never removed or rotated. Dealership apologized, said mechanic could tell brakes were fine, and they would look at them in 5K. At my next service 2 months later, they said brakes look fine, but they never drove it to observe the shaking which I told them about at 20000 and 25000. In summary, I?ve been pushed off because (based on the complaints on your web site) they do not want to replace rotors under warranty. Now I?M upset.

- Potomac, MD, USA