8.5

$3,500.00

1. replace faulty gas tanks (4 reports)
2004 Ford F-550 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford F-550:

2004 Ford F-550 Owner Comments

Feb 022009

F-550 LX 6.1L

This is another issue with the "delaminating fuel tank" on our F-550. Ford is telling people that this is a "fuel" issue and not covered under their warranty. Our truck has 36000 miles on it and for the second time we had to replace the ignitors, fuel pump and filters. I was told by Ford that they would repair the engine under warranty but it was going to happen again if I did not replace the fuel tank that was delaminating. WHAT?!! I made a big enough noise (siting this site and several others) and they paid for the tank replacement. I am asking Ford to come out with a statement admitting there is an issue with these tanks, and more importantly letting owners of these tanks know that if they do not replace them they will be rebuilding their engins over and over again (usually not under warranty).

Let me know if anyone out there is willing to help push Ford into a recall or at least a "technical service statement" so more small business owners are not forced to spend thousands of dollars on an issue caused by a faulty fuel tank supplied by Ford. I have 11 Ford vehicles in my fleet. I know Ford is hurting right now, but so are small businesses who own these trucks.

I have over a dozen names of others that have had the same problem and am looking for more. pts@readyrooter.com

- , Sandwich, MA, USA

Oct 292008

F-550 6.0L

my 2004 550 started loosing power dealer said it needs new fuel tank and pump for 1700.00 i think its a tank defect not from low sulfur fuel

- , Hyattsville, MD, USA

Dec 052007

F-550 HD Diesel

The dealer tried to say the delaminating issue was due to "Off Road" Diesel in the tank. To begin with, we did not use Off Road Diesel.. second, how would that cause a problem?

Isnt this stuff used in Off Road Vehicles?????

- , Livingston, NJ, USA

Oct 042007

F-550 6.0L Diesel

As a 2003 Ford F-550 complainant said, Ford never acknowledged the problem existed but did in my case did offer a token good faith offer of 50%. They are blaming it on Bad fuel, though I here through the grapevine that Ford is seeing a lot of these.If it's the fuel, why is it only Ford? I am finished with Ford... after 8 Fords.. no more.

- , West Babylon, NY, USA