2013 Ford Fiesta brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Fiesta:

2013 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments

Oct 022014

Fiesta 4-cyl

Rear door won't latch. Opened the door to put something in the back seat and now door won't latch.

- Miles, TX, USA

Jul 312014

Fiesta 4-cyl

My daughter took her car in for repair end of July 2014, due to very bad shuttering, shaking, acceleration and brake issue. Dealership claims they reset the computer that speaks to the transmission. I had her take car back about 10 days later due to the same issue. They claim there was nothing wrong with vehicle that she needs to drive at least another 1000 miles so that computer can register her driving habits"?" I drove her to work the following Friday and as I was leaving uphill parking structure the car felt as it completely stalled out, I had the pedal floored and nothing and then out of nowhere the car jumped and accelerated forward. Luckily there were no cars in front of me I would of definitely hit them. I drove vehicle straight to dealership and asked salesman to take for a test drive. He stated that there was clearly a problem and he would have gsm call me by the following Monday. Tuesday comes and as my daughter was driving to work she was involved in an accident due to the car not accelerating so she floored it and unfortunate for her hit the vehicle in front of her. I called salesman back and he said he would call me back, 3 weeks later no phone call from salesman or gsm. Accident occured on 8-19-14 then we received a letter postmarked 8-26-14. Customer satisfaction program claiming they have extended her warranty on clutch and transmission input shaft salsas well as the transmission software calibration for a total of 7 years or 100,000 miles whichever occurs first. To date still have not received call back from salesman or general service manager. Vehicle needs to be recalled......

- Las Vegas , NV, USA

Mar 052014

Fiesta 4-cyl

I purchased the vehicle used in February of 2014. A couple of days after having the vehicle it started to make loud grinding noises, when I tried to accelerate it would sputter and almost stall. I took it in on March 05, 2014 and the dealership had it for a week. When I picked it up, I was told that they could not find anything wrong with it and the grinding was "normal". the grinding noises, the sputtering, the slow acceleration, and other issues are still happening with this vehicle. When I call to see if I can take it in, I am told that this is normal for this vehicle. These 'normal' attributes should be disclosed prior to purchasing the vehicle. When I am at a stop and I start to accelerate, the car does not accelerate and it lunges and it has caused me to almost get rear-ended on more than one occasion. There has been a couple of times where I am driving on the highway at a steady speed and when I try to accelerate, it does not accelerate and the rpms just shoot up. The transmission of this vehicle has too many bugs in it and it is causing a safety concern. If I would have known that these things were 'normal' prior to purchasing the vehicle, I never would have bought it. Something needs to be done about this. I have seen numerous complaints that are very similar to mine and it truly is a safety concern that needs to be addressed.

- Lochbuie, CO, USA

Nov 192013

Last night I was driving in the highway, there was traffic congestion and I tried to brake but the brakes didn't respond even when I pushed the brake until the end. Finally, my car impacted the other car. After that, when I tried to move the car to the side, I almost collide the car again because this time the brake was blocked and I had to put the parking position quickly. This happen to me before but I was in a parking lot, the speed was very low and I could control the situation. I didn't pay to much attention in that moment when because it didn't happen again until last night when I had the accident. I also have been facing problems with the steering of the car. I turned on the car and when I put it in direct, the car went backward and the opposite, I put it in reverse and the car went forward. It happened like three times. During this year. This is a new car that I bought on December last year, and I don't feel safe driving this car.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Sep 292012

Fiesta 4-cyl

Transmission started grinding while trying to accelerate from sitting idle. Brakes locked up 3 different times while I had my foot on the brake. The transmission revs very high with any street that is not completely flat. When I sit at a stop light it will roll backward when I try to go. It is an automatic transmission.

- Louisville, KY, USA