2015 Ford Fiesta engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Fiesta:

2015 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments

Mar 242016

Fiesta

I bought my car in March 2016 and noticed right away when I shift from 1st to 2nd my car seems to stall/shake and I have it in automatic, when I have in the kind of shift that I do it doesn┐T do it. I have contacted the dealership about it and they always tell me there is nothing they can do about it. I have read where others are having the same problem. A friend of mine bought at 2015 Ford Focus and hers is doing it as well.

- Crocker, MO, USA

Oct 052016

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2015 Ford Fiesta. While driving 65 mph, the turbocharger engaged and the engine lost power. The vehicle did not stall. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 60,000.

Oct 032016

Fiesta

Vehicle lost power check engine light came on anf a yellow wrench light also did come on this occured on the turnpke at high speed shut engine down resart wrench lite gone but barely drivable code reader says defective throttle body Ford has recalled one and half million cars for this its dangerous.

Oct 042016

Fiesta

Lost all throttle/power trying to accelerate onto highway from dead stop. Coasted to the shoulder while the car idled. Restart the car and problem goes away temporarily. Check engine light/code says throttle body actuator control system stuck closed (P2112).

Aug 262016

Fiesta

The wrench light would come on while driving the vehicle. It would happen in both city and interstate driving. The vehicle would go into limp mode and I would just barely be able to get on to the shoulder of the highway. Definitely a safety issue in 70 mph traffic. Stopping and restarting the engine would allow normal operation for about 5 miles. The problem would then occur again. The dealer diagnosed a bad throttle body with a code of P2011. I've read that Ford has a history of these problems with throttle bodies. It seems they have not fixed the issue on newer models.

- Hot Springs, AR, USA

May 092016

Fiesta

Shortly after having the car, the transmission started being jumpy, losing power at take off and acting like it will stall out. I have made several attempts for Ford dealership to look at. Did suceed with one of the attempts and they said they reset computer. That did not work. The other times they tell me that they cannot fix and they are working on finding a solution to fix. I have tried to trade in and they tell me now it is only worth about half of what we bought a year ago. My family feels very unsafe in this car and very dissatisfied with asheville Ford.

- Marshall, NC, USA

Nov 102015

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2015 Ford Fiesta. While driving 10 mph, the vehicle began to vibrate abnormally. The vehicle was taken to the dealer to be diagnosed. The contact was informed that the head gasket failed and needed to be replaced. The contact was also informed that the front driver and passenger side shocks were leaking and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 23,000.

- Northridge, CA, USA

Jul 062015

Fiesta

2015 Ford Fiesta titanium with Ford smart key system. We are able to enter vehicle and start it without having smart key inside vehicle. Drive 200 feet with no warning key wasn't in the vehicle, as well as shut down and restart engine 3 times without key within close proximity. Called dealer to bring in.

- Palmetto, FL, USA