2012 Ford Flex brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Flex:

2012 Ford Flex Owner Comments

Mar 022015

Flex 6-cyl

I was reversing from my driveway going less than 5 miles per hr. When my vehicle accelerated on its own going at a fast speed losing total control of my vehicle. The vehicle then finally stopped in the middle of the road and died out. I could of killed someone or hit something if they were behind me. I took my Flex to service dept. At dealership as it was still under warranty and was told it was the throttle body and motor assembly. It was replaced and no mention of recall. I don't feel safe driving my vehicle.

- Nc, NC, USA

Dec 032012

Flex 6-cyl

Multiple problems with advance trac and electrical system. Occurs every five to six months. Service advance trac indicator comes on along with control issues in rain and snow, brake lights not shutting off, cruise control not operating and ignition system has quit working. Not all of this happen at the same time but the recurring issue is the advance trac system and then another part of the system fails or has problems along with the service advance trac warning.

- St. Paul, MN, USA