2013 Ford Flex accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Flex:

2013 Ford Flex Owner Comments

Apr 302016

Door ajar lights continuously show on when all doors are closed. My interior lights will not go off and impairs my vision at night. Also because the ajar warnings are on my doors will not lock. I try to manually lock them and they automatically unlock while im driving. Not good while I have my 4 children in the car!

- Sanborn, NY, USA

Feb 012016

Windshield wipers will stay on intermittently even though the dial is turned to off. It will happen sometimes right when I start the vehicle, sometimes they will activate when I use a turnsignal or just out of the blue. I can usually get them to stop by turning the dial on and off a few times but lately that hasn't worked. Now that it's getting to summer I've had to resort to removing the fuse to make them stop. I have contacted the dealer with a list of how often this happens but they say they have never heard of this issue but will be more than happy to charge me $109 per hour to diagnose the issue.

- Woodland, WA, USA

Aug 042015

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Flex. The contact stated that the passenger, driver, and liftgate door sensors were constantly illuminated. The contact stated that the doors were constantly unlocked due to the failure. In addition, the windshield wipers were constantly activated despite the weather conditions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the door latch sensors failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 47,000.

- Garrettsville, OH, USA

Oct 152014

2013 Ford Flex door ajar light stays on when doors are shut. Driver door and rear passenger door have the same issue. Dome lights stay on during initial reverse of vehicle causing zero visibility out rear of vehicle including side mirrors and rear view mirror. Multiple instances of near misses due to loss of visibility.

- San Tan Valley, AZ, USA

Sep 222013

While driving on I-5 a heavy heavy rain was coming down and I had my wipers on the high setting and they worked for a little bit and then stopped moving at a high speed. While on the high setting they were going slower across the window then the continuous slow setting. I was unable to see and had to slow down and move over until my wipers could allow me to see properly. They continued this for the rest of my 150 mile drive moving slower on the high setting through the rain.

- Portland, OR, USA