2013 Ford Flex suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Flex:

2013 Ford Flex Owner Comments

Dec 022016

Flex

Steering suddenly stopped! a sensor than came up stating service adavance trac and not even 2 seconds later another senior comes up stating power steering assist fault! I was able to pull over! I then read car manual stating that the sensors that were shown have to do with an electric power steering that can be reset by shutting off car and restarting 10 seconds later! I then brought it to kelly Ford and they are stating that the entire power steering rack must be replaced! they stated that there are no recalls on my VIN and that I had no warranty! I began research and there have been over 500,000 cars recalled for the same exact reason butvford insist that mine is not covered! I also constantes Ford motors and they had me file a case which did absolutely nothing! the dealer quoted me that this was a 2,000 dollar job! my argument is that this is the same exact thing that every other Ford has that have been recalled what is so different about mine! my car was also manufactured in the same area... I just don't understand! this will be my one and only Ford and I will never purchase one again! Ford dealerships are also horrible to visit! every single time I have been in any of the 3 dealers close to me have always been uncomfortable situations! I never feel as if they are being honest and can never help come up with a solution! as simple as my car being diagnosed! the man mark that work there quoted me $159 and the woman quoted me $124 when she questioned him in front of me! he stated oh that's just an extra fee so they have more time to look at the car and work on it but if she chooses to fix it here it will be waived! the women then stated weli have never seen that charge before! mind you I was just dropping off for diagnostic testing and they couldn't be honest am I supposed tibbelieve the sheet of paper that only has what I claimed to see on the care sensors

- Salem, MA, USA

Aug 182014

Flex

Noticed unusual squeak / rattle from front engine area of my 2013 Ford Flex AWD vehicle. At the same time steering felt loose or sloppy. These symptoms got progressively worse as I immediately drove vehicle approximately 8 miles to repair facility. Vehicle was inspected by certified technician and I was informed that the electronic steering gear was failing and that the vehicle was unsafe to drive and that steering could fail at any moment. Technician informed me that Ford had not issued a recall for this issue at that time. I authorized and paid for the repair of my vehicle. Recently, I discovered that Ford has issued a recall notice 15S18 for this issue. On Monday July 27, 2015, I contacted Ford customer service to request reimbursement for the repair. I was informed by the customer service representative that my vehicle was not included in this recall and that they could provide no further assistance. I am very concerned that Ford's recall notice for this issue does not include all vehicles, including mine, with this serious safety problem. I believe the scope of vehicles included in the recall should be reexamined.

- Auburn Hills, MI, USA

Oct 222013

Flex 6-cyl

I was turning a corner and something popped and the car would not steer. The only thing that stopped the car was the curve, as I was making the turn, and that caused a lot of damage. Sutton Ford Lincoln in matteson, il said they would not repair the damages caused by the lemon-Ford-Flex that was sold to me because the vehicle was 300 miles out of the warranty. Sutton Ford Lincoln in matteson, il than said it would have to be reported to insurance. So I reported it to insurance and the repair shop, that was repairing the damages, said they found damage to the radiator (1,500 dollars worth of damages) which could not have been caused by the car hitting the curve. And that it looked like sutton Ford Lincoln in matteson, il raised the car inappropriately and caused the radiator damage. The repair company said, since the original place where the Flex was towed to (sutton Ford Lincoln in matteson, il) was located right behind them (across the alley), sutton Ford Lincoln in matteson, il caused the damage. And of course, sutton Ford Lincoln in matteson, il denied it and would not pay for the damages. Buyer beware - do not do business with sutton Ford Lincoln in matteson, il. Buyer beware - do not buy a Ford and if you do, do not go to sutton Ford Lincoln in matteson, il.

- Chicago, IL, USA