2013 Ford Flex suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Flex:

2013 Ford Flex Owner Comments

Aug 182014

Noticed unusual squeak / rattle from front engine area of my 2013 Ford Flex AWD vehicle. At the same time steering felt loose or sloppy. These symptoms got progressively worse as I immediately drove vehicle approximately 8 miles to repair facility. Vehicle was inspected by certified technician and I was informed that the electronic steering gear was failing and that the vehicle was unsafe to drive and that steering could fail at any moment. Technician informed me that Ford had not issued a recall for this issue at that time. I authorized and paid for the repair of my vehicle. Recently, I discovered that Ford has issued a recall notice 15S18 for this issue. On Monday July 27, 2015, I contacted Ford customer service to request reimbursement for the repair. I was informed by the customer service representative that my vehicle was not included in this recall and that they could provide no further assistance. I am very concerned that Ford's recall notice for this issue does not include all vehicles, including mine, with this serious safety problem. I believe the scope of vehicles included in the recall should be reexamined.

- Auburn Hills, MI, USA

Oct 222013

Flex 6-cyl

I was turning a corner and something popped and the car would not steer. The only thing that stopped the car was the curve, as I was making the turn, and that caused a lot of damage. Sutton Ford Lincoln in matteson, il said they would not repair the damages caused by the lemon-Ford-Flex that was sold to me because the vehicle was 300 miles out of the warranty. Sutton Ford Lincoln in matteson, il than said it would have to be reported to insurance. So I reported it to insurance and the repair shop, that was repairing the damages, said they found damage to the radiator (1,500 dollars worth of damages) which could not have been caused by the car hitting the curve. And that it looked like sutton Ford Lincoln in matteson, il raised the car inappropriately and caused the radiator damage. The repair company said, since the original place where the Flex was towed to (sutton Ford Lincoln in matteson, il) was located right behind them (across the alley), sutton Ford Lincoln in matteson, il caused the damage. And of course, sutton Ford Lincoln in matteson, il denied it and would not pay for the damages. Buyer beware - do not do business with sutton Ford Lincoln in matteson, il. Buyer beware - do not buy a Ford and if you do, do not go to sutton Ford Lincoln in matteson, il.

- Chicago, IL, USA