7.4

2014 Ford Flex brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Flex:

2014 Ford Flex Owner Comments

Dec 102014

Flex 6-cyl

I went to the local kfc for dinner during my lunch break and when I came back to my vehicle after getting my food inside I started my car and proceeded to put it in reverse. As soon as I put the vehicle in reverse it proceeded to go forward instead. So I checked to make sure I put it in reverse and put the vehicle back in park and then re-engaged reverse and it went forward again. This time the brake pedal went to the floor and the check engine light came on. I immediately called the dealership and they advised me to turn the vehicle off and then on again to see if that fixed the issue. They did not advise me to do a vehicle history report that is equipped with my vehicle to see if the computer could find something. The service adviser at the dealership advised me that he never heard of this issue before and for me to watch it and if it happens again to call roadside assistance and have it towed in since that is a safety issue.

- Darlington, MD, USA