2015 Ford Flex drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Flex:

2015 Ford Flex Owner Comments

Jul 222016

Vehicle was in motion at highway speed when it suddenly decellerated and check engine light came on. Driver was able to steer/coast to side of road. Engine was running, but vehicle had no acceleration. Vehicle was towed to a dealer and dealer replaced the throttle body part. Dealer indicated defective throttle body parts were not uncommon on Ford vehicles. Sudden decelleration could have resulted in significant safety risk had traffic been heavier and/or less skilled driver.

- Labadie, MO, USA

Jul 022016

Purchased my 2015 Ford Flex on May 11, 2016 with 54 miles. On Saturday, July 2, 2016 the wrench light came on while driving and the car shut-down. I was able to get it started and drove home, which was less than 5 miles away. The code per the manual, powertrain failure. Engine light was on as well. I noticed it would move a little sluggish when going up a hill and also noticed the sound of the transmission taking a few seconds to switch gears. Roadside assistance towed it to the dealership and they are saying the throttle body was defective and will need to be replaced;'s on backorder for weeks. On July 5, 2016, I sent and email via Ford website and received an email response from meagan, a customer relationship center rep. With Ford on 7/5/16 at 2:53pm. Meagan's response stated that she, "escalated my case to the service manager at my dealership (of purchase), and ensured the service manager will use all resources available to assist me." Ford case number: Cas-9974632-S3Q0B3

- Stone Mountain, GA, USA

Jul 012016

July 1 I was driving the car running some errands (bank, post office, grocery store) when the car suddenly lost power turning across oncoming traffic on a four lane highway. This was one day after I had the car at the dealership for more diagnostic work and they could not find anything wrong without the code. I left the car running after making it home and called Ford roadside assistance for a tow to the dealership. When wrecker driver arrived after a two hour wait he said he could not tow car with engine running (against dot rules and regulations) so engine was turned off and code was lost again. Car was delivered to the dealership and I told them to keep the car until repairs were properly made. I ask for a loaner but I was told they didn't have one. No offer was made for a rental. They did give me a ride back home where I sat over the July 4th holiday with no transportation. Totally lost for what to do next" any suggestions"

- Midland, NC, USA

Jun 302016

Regarding NHTSA complaint no. 10876758. Had the car at the dealership this morning and nothing was found. They think it is the throttle body but can't repair it without authorization from Ford Motor Company. Service writer said he would call me if and when he got authorization (no idea when that might be). No offer was made to leave car until repairs were made and replace with a loaner. I drove the car back home approximately 25 miles one way. This afternoon I drove it to the grocery store with my wife riding along and upon returning home I was turning across two lanes of oncoming traffic onto the road I live on when the car stalled again. Dealership just called and said Ford will not authorize repair without the code showing on the reader. So, on to the next step.

- Harrisburg, NC, USA

Jun 142016

Vehicle would not go in reverse when put in reverse. Also, when the new part was delivered to fix the vehicle, they delivered a damaged part and had to send it back and re-order a functional part.

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jun 212016

Wife was driving the car 6-21-16 at approximately 55 mph when suddenly and unexpectedly the car lost power. She was able to get the car off the road without incident but could have been rear ended. Drivetrain malfunction/reduced power icon was displayed on instrument panel. Car was towed to nearest Ford dealership but no problem was found. I picked the cat up and drove it until the morning of 6-26-16 and the same thing happened to me. I got off the road, put the car in park, turned the switch off and pulled the key out. I waited a few minutes, put the key back in, started the car, put the shifter in drive and was able to get back home. Waiting on a call back from the dealership now to see what my next step should be. Definitely a safety issue!

- Midland, NC, USA