9.5

2015 Ford Focus Electric electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Focus Electric:

2015 Ford Focus Electric Owner Comments

Jun 192015

Focus Electric

My initial complaint was posted on 06/19/2015, the day of my terrifying experience. Mistakenly, I filed the complaint under the regular Focus model and not the electric. Last Friday, I just charged my car to 100% at work. Later, I was driving home at 40 mph with no problems until I was about to hit my first right turn. I attempted to turn on the street leading me to the 210 w freeway. While turning right, the steering wheel jerked and froze up and did not allow me to make a full turn. I was forced to make the widest turn possible, thankfully there were no cars or it could've resulted in an accident. The car straightened out smoothly again. However, because I am 8 1/2 months pregnant I felt scared to get on the freeway. After what just happened I didn't want to risk my or my unborn child's lives on the freeway.I turned around to take street home. As I drove, the car completely shut off my radio said "turning off audio to save battery". I was confused as to why I would get this message because we have only had this car for about a month and it was fully charged. Then every minute the radio would come on and go off. Not too long after continuing on streets the car made a continuous alarm sound with a message that said "pull over safely, right now!". I was scared. I was able to pull over to the curve which was, unfortunately, painted red, it was a merging lane. I turned on my emergency lights, with even greater disappointed, the lights just flickered the entire time. This was in evening, my car is black and the emergency lights not working properly while in a merging lane. It took me approx. 15 minutes to safely get out of car with hopes I wouldn't have been crashed into. This could have resulted in a severe injury or even a fatality. Ford roadside assistance showed up 90 minutes later. Ford advised me to bring the car to dealer and the problem is yet to be resolved.

- Tujunga, CA, USA

May 202015

Focus Electric

While pulling out from stop sign on two occasions the vehicle lost drive power. A wrench appeared on the dashboard that said service. Had I had to get out of the way of an approaching vehicle I would not have been and this issue could have resulted in a crash resulting in injury or death. I brought the car to dealer and they agreed the issue was a serious issue however said they could not do anything since and error code was not generated. We are still trying to get this issue addressed.

- Madison , CT, USA