2005 Ford Freestyle miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Freestyle:

2005 Ford Freestyle Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Mar 282007

Freestyle 6-cyl

3/28/2007 while driving down the freeway at 65 the wrench light came on and the car completely lost power, I had to pull over to the shoulder. I shut the car off and re-started it and the problem was gone. This was the third time. Second was yesterday my wife was backing out of the driveway and the car did the same thing. Also 3/25/2007 while pulling into my subdivision I made a left turn and got to about 15 mph and the car shuttered and the wrench light came on again, I drove it with almost no power for another 15 yards to my driveway, shut the car off and restarted it and no problems. I purchased this car used on 3/23/2007 with 55000 miles on it. I have contacted the Ford dealership where I purchased it.

- Villa Rica, GA, USA

Oct 012005

Freestyle 6-cyl

2005 Ford Freestyle: Dangerous in mild winter weather and conditions. Vehicle does not perform in winter weather. Vehicle slides, slips, grinding of brakes and bucking of vehicle, vibrating of steering wheel, all in less than 3 inches of snow. No snow tires made for this particular vehicle according to dealer and non-dealer affiliated vendors.

- Oswego, NY, USA