2006 Ford Freestyle miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Freestyle:

2006 Ford Freestyle Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Mar 012010

Freestyle 6-cyl

Vehicle lunges/accelerates when idling or just after shifting in to gear or reverse. It can cause a big enough surge that I've almost hit a car or object in front/behind me several times but have been lucky enough to avoid that. It occurs daily.

- Newbury Park, CA, USA

May 142011

Freestyle

While idling with my foot on the brake, the car started "surging". RPM's revved up and had to stand on brake to keep car from moving. Happened a few times, sporadically, then started happening more often. Now doing the same thing in reverse. Several times, when I remove my foot from the brake to back up the car "lurches" 6 or 8 feet before I can stop it again. Yesterday, the vehicle died after doing this, the wrench light came on. Car started immediately, light went off, and drove home with no further incidents. This is now a daily occurance when driving this vehicle. Not certain what is causing this. Some reports cite transmission, some cite throttle body, and some cite the need to have the fuel system professionally "cleaned".

- Philpot, KY, USA

May 022011

Freestyle

Vehicle thrust forward or back ward fast without notice while ac unit is on to the point you have to use 2 feet on brake paddle. Throttle body to the PCM

- Hampton, VA, USA

May 262011

Freestyle

I was waiting in line to pick my daughter up from school today. When she got in the car I took my foot off of the brake and my car lunged forward and almost hit the car in front of me. I had to push down on the brake to stop my car from crashing into the car in front of me. When I attempted to take my foot off of the brake for a second time and to drive around the other car, my car lunged again and almost stalled.

- Davidson, NC, USA

Freestyle

I was pulling into my garage. I was coming to a stop and the car accelerated forward and can within inches of hitting my house. Another time I was leaving my house. I put the car in reverse and with my foot on the brake it accelerated in reverse for several feet.

Feb 242011

Freestyle

While sitting at traffic lights or stop signs car has tendency to lurch forward while foot is on the brake. It also at times will make a sound as if something is hitting the engine when starting.

- Springfield, MO, USA