2007 Ford Freestyle drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Freestyle:

2007 Ford Freestyle Owner Comments (Page 13 of 13)

Jul 132010

Freestyle

I own a 2007 Ford Freestyle and am having problems with sudden acceleration when I am stopped at a light or when I put the car in reverse. It has almost caused me to hit other objects. I am taking the car in on Thursday to have it looked at.

- St Helens, OR, USA

Jun 302010

Freestyle

At 36,000 miles I began experiencing issues with the car suddenly accelerating and lunging forward if the car is in drive or backward if the car is in reverse. It happened once then. The next time it happened at 39,000 miles and has been occurring regularly ever since. Now at 40,000 miles. The issue usually happens when the ac is running and it is hot outside. I took it to Ford dealer and they could not duplicate the issue after keeping it for 3 days. The service guy said it was probably the throttle bottle issue that everyone has been having. I've had several occasions where I would be pulling into a parking space and nearly hit a car parked in front of me. Most recently it happened with the car in reverse. The motor accelerated more so than ever before. I held the brake and the car stalled. When I started the car again the wrench light was on. The car had very little power while the wrench light was on. Ford has no remedy. The part is unavailable. Am I supposed to drive this car? what happens when it accelerates and hits somebody. My wife and children are driving my car until this is resolved. I will not put them in harms way even though Ford clearly has. I expect Ford to recall and replace this part immediately.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Jun 112010

Freestyle

Car will suddenly surge in acceleration when switching from park to reverse and reverse to drive; this happens almost every time I get in it from my driveway to parking lots and also at traffic lights. This is a very serious and dangerous problem. When I have the brakes depressed and switch gears the surges (revs high) stalls, the wrench light comes on then goes out but I have little to no power when trying to accelerate. This all started around March 2010 doing it every now and then but is now doing it almost every time we get in it. The mileage is 52,000.

- Crowley, LA, USA

Apr 302010

Freestyle

My 2007 Ford Freestyle accelerates suddenly when moving from park to reverse, also when coming to a stop. This has been occuring for the last month.

- Port Deposit, MD, USA

Apr 102010

Freestyle

My 2007 Ford Freestyle appears to be having some kind of idle issue. As I put the car in gear, the rpms jump and cause the car to lunge. The rpms jump with the car in park, if the steering wheel is even turned a tiny bit. It's almost like the car isn't getting enough power until something is activated. My concern is with the lunging. I'm afraid it's going to project me into another car or something else. I've not had any service lights come on or anything. This issue just started. My car has 85K mile on it, so it's not under warranty. As I began researching this issue, I found many complaints about the same issue. I appears to be tied into the throttle body. If this is truly an issue with this car, why hasn't a recall been made on the part. This is a safety hazard, especially for a car built for families.

- Midlothian, TX, USA